• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Hand Forged Carving Hatchet (2 listed)***Price Drop

All Blades I list are hand made by me. First "I'll Take it" gets it. PM me with questions. Paypal OK. Other payment options if purchased at my Etsy store @
https://www.etsy.com/shop/UglyDogBlades

Thank you for looking! Up for you consideration is a hand forged wood carving hatchet. This tool has been forged from an L6 High Carbon Steel ball peen hammer head. The razor sharp cutting edge will handle chopping, slicing, shaving and cutting wood for your smaller tasks. It has been designed to be a carving hatchet with an ergonomic handle engineered for chopping as well as chocking up on the bit for fine carving work. Behind the cutting edge is a fully hardened "gouge" bit for hogging out material and many other uses including bowl and cup making.

The handle is custom for this hatchet and has been hand made from reclaimed old growth hickory and has been finished to a warm tobacco color and sealed with oil. I chose the most advantageous grain orientation for strength and durability and the hang of the bit is dead center down the length of this tool. This hatchet comes with hand made leather protective masks for both ends of the tool.

Here are the specifications:

Hatchet #1 165 USD Shipped.
Steel - L6 High Carbon Steel, normalized 3 times and heat treated and tempered in a computer controlled oven for ~59 Rockwll Hardness. The tool will arrive shaving sharp.
Overall Length - 8.75"
Bit Length - 4.75"
Cutting Blade Width - 2"
Weight - 9.8 Oz. without masks

Hatchet #2 - 165 USD Shipped

Steel - L6 High Carbon Steel, normalized 3 times and heat treated and tempered in a computer controlled oven for ~59 Rockwell Hardness. The tool will arrive shaving sharp.

Overall Length - 10"
Bit Length - 4.75"
Cutting Blade Width - 2 3/8"
Weight - 10.1 Oz. without masks

See my other work at
https://www.facebook.com/uglydogblades/ Feel free to like and share if so inclined. Thank you for looking!

Last edited:
Beautiful work people don’t really know what an all around tool a hatchet used to be. Too bad I can’t even draw a straight line :(

Back