1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.
  3. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Handmade Leather Sheaths for Mora Knives

Discussion in 'For Sale: Gadgets & Gear' started by BarberFobic1992, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BarberFobic1992

BarberFobic1992 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 21, 2008
    Mora knives are an excellent value, but their downfall is their unattractive plastic sheaths. So, I am offering an alternative.

I can make sheaths for the following:
    Mora #1
    Mora 2000
    Mora Clipper
    Mora #2
    Mora 510
    (I will be adding more as I get them)

You don't have to send the knife, since I will only offer sheaths for models that I have on hand. Sheaths will be in the nordic style, keeping with the style of the knife, and will have a firesteel loop located on the back or side. Sheaths will look, roughly, like this one (pictured sheath is not actually for the mora #1, but the mora sheaths will look very similar):

[​IMG]

Sheaths will cost $25 plus $5 shipping per order in the CONUS ( I will ship other places, but that could alter the price). Wait time for them shouldn't be too long.

If you want a knife sheath for a knife that I don't have on hand, send me an email, we'll get somthing figured out.

I'll be updating this post as things change,
    Brendan

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  2. BarberFobic1992

Jan 21, 2008
    I meant *shouldn't* be too long, oops

3. Marcelo Cantu

Marcelo Cantu Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2003
    Brendan this is kinda exciting to me :thumbup: but I don't (and others may not) have a Mora #1. What other knives do you have that you can (more importantly would) make sheaths for? For example I have an EnZo Trapper that could use one of your sheaths.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  4. BarberFobic1992

Jan 21, 2008
    On hand, I don't have very many I'm afraid. I think I'll pick up a few more popular mora models since they are so inexpensive, however I don't know If i would benefit from picking up any of the more expensive models, however, if there was enough interest in a specific model, I would be okay doing so. Also, I sent you a PM.

5. blindhogg

blindhogg

Feb 21, 2001
    Thats a sharp looking sheath, makes me want to buy a Mora just to own the sheath.
    Great price also.
    Chris

6. TiSurvival

TiSurvival KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 7, 2006
    I have a more puukko I just re-handled, would that sheath fit it?

7. BarberFobic1992

Jan 21, 2008

If you have a couple of pictures of the handle, I might be able to make a prediction, but If you really want me to make a sheath for it with a really good fit, I think you'd have to mail it. Or you could try making your own. If you are wanting to make your own, let me know, I wrote a tutorial on another forum that I can send you a link to.

8. TiSurvival

TiSurvival KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 7, 2006
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

the shape and size of the handle I am not worried about because I can thin it out and make it fit. I am jsut not sure is the length of the balde would be a problem.

9. TiSurvival

Jul 7, 2006
    also, is there any way you could add a fire steel look to a sheath? that would be very cool.

10. BarberFobic1992

Jan 21, 2008
    As long as the blade length is the same as the mora #1, it will be fine. If it is a little longer/shorter, let me know, and I'll see if I can get a liner that will fit it.
    Actually, all of my sheaths have a firesteel loop on them, it is intigrated into the back stiching. In this video At about 4 minutes a knife and sheath I amde make an apearance, and you can see how the firesteel loop is done. Thanks!

11. TiSurvival

Jul 7, 2006
    the blade measures 3 3/4" long and the handle is 3.5" long

Is the fire steel look designed for a 3/8" or 1/4" steel?

If it will work with the 3 3/4" blade length. I will take one.

12. BarberFobic1992

Jan 21, 2008
    Yea, that sounds do-able. I am currently not in town, but I'll send you an e-mail or a pm or somthing when I start on it. Thanks!

13. BarberFobic1992

Jan 21, 2008
    I added a couple more models that I can do.

14. Timblade

Timblade

May 31, 2006
    Can you, by any chance, make a sheath for a Falkniven F1?
    Thanks.

15. BarberFobic1992

Jan 21, 2008
    I could probably do it, but, not having one on hand, it is difficult to tell. If you really want a sheath for it, I think that you would have to mail it. Since it would be sort of expirimental, if it didn't turn out well, you wouldn't br obligated to buy it. Let me know. You can send me an e-mail if you'd like to talk more.

16. BarberFobic1992

Jan 21, 2008
    Exodus, your sheath is in the final stages :thumbup:

17. TiSurvival

Jul 7, 2006
    :thumbup:

18. BarberFobic1992

Jan 21, 2008
    Exodus's:
    [​IMG]

19. TiSurvival

Jul 7, 2006
    very nice, can't wait to try it out. I will post some pictures in here with the knife when I get it.

and just as an FYI to everyone, Barberfobic has been a pleasure to do business with.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  20. BarberFobic1992

Jan 21, 2008
    Just for about a week or two I am going to stop accepting additional sheath orders, as I am a little backed up right now (unless I talked to you about them before this post). I'll make another post once I am all caught up.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.