1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Have not been this happy about a blade maybe ever

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by COPIUOS, Sep 7, 2017.

1. COPIUOS

COPIUOS Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2015
    I just picked up a HHFSH "original run" with snakeskin handles, just a hair over .25" off my doorstep. When I saw the blade on the sales post, I jumped immediately without asking much except to confirm blade thickness. I am so delighted that it has non-mag handles (I did not even ask that), and is a stripper user with a keen con vexed edge. The combo of the non-mag handles and the stock, and its dimensions and the way it feels are just beyond expectations. I have not been the hugest proponent of fusion handles due to my mid-large yet "skinny hands", although on big choppers there are certain advantages. With the non-mags, this feels right in my hand, and the fusion just gives me extra chopping power choked back on a "mid-sized blade - ha to mid-size!", and the balance is impeccable. I list this as a keeper for life and I am just literally happy holding it and so glad it is a user ready to go. This is the best way to buy most blades in my opinion, a well loved user that will be just that. Even if "new" I try to only buy "practical blades" that fit my definition as I "might use them one day". I am well past the count of having similar blades that I have a lifetime and more of "INFI I could use it if I wanted to" and many of them do get used. There is your Busse justification for ya! Well for me anyways!

This will be a go-to staple for generations to come God Willing.

Man I am so glad to be the next in line proud owner/user of this blade!

Thanks for making these type blades, BUSSE!! And all the great forum members and the sales site where newer non-inducted wannabe hogs (several years of Busse insanity now, and the last almost 2 completely sober!!!) can get their hands on the creams of the crop now and again.

Thanks from South Louisiana to Missouri!

C

2. ScoMa

ScoMa

Aug 13, 2017
    Pics!

Murman likes this.
  3. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    Sounds like a great score ! Congrats !!!

4. nydude

nydude Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2009
    awesome! pics in use!!

5. RedbeAR15

RedbeAR15 Platinum Plucker

Sep 29, 2008
    Congrats on both!

6. inkynate

inkynate Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Congrats!! I drooled over that blade a lot and was shocked it didn't go the first time it was listed.

7. COPIUOS

Dec 24, 2015
    I literally could not believe it was available, and the best thing is that it had even more surprises for me when I actually got it. Never even held one before, and this is the perfect FSH for me! That and my user NMFBMLE are my only two fusion handles I believe now. Still missing my bronze CGFBM, and my stripped one as well, bronze most of all - those are so cool looking and effective and unique. Probably the only cerakote blade I would ever buy, and possibly buy again...

8. COPIUOS

Dec 24, 2015
    I see what you did there - thanks.

9. hydeinmind

hydeinmind Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Indeed! The later is by far the larger of the two accomplishments/scores in my humbled opinion. Congratulations on both my friend!

10. PoorUserName

PoorUserName

Aug 28, 2017
    Dying to see some photo`s :)

Aias likes this.
  11. TheMtnMan

TheMtnMan

Feb 11, 2015
    That whole article and No Pics ??? Lol

Aias and ExtraBaconPlease like this.
  12. evltcat

evltcat Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Congrats, and by all means show us that snakeskin awesomeness!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

13. zombieassassin

zombieassassin Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Very sweet score! I saw it.

14. FloridaBlade

FloridaBlade

Mar 10, 2015
    Pics or it didn't happen. :rolleyes:

15. tuica

tuica Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm. Amazing (or not?), how excited grown men can become over knives. Was recently able to order the A2 TGLB, and really looking forward to opening that package. This will be Bussekin number 51 for me. The anticipation, and enthusiasm never ends...;-)

F'lar likes this.
  16. LadyEarth

LadyEarth

Nov 24, 2012
    Wall of text! *Scrolls down* What? No pictures?

Icky Thump likes this.
  17. Icky Thump

Icky Thump Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Pics, man

I saw that one on the exchange...had me twitching..Made me miss my HH, Reduex at .27

Great score!

18. PeteyTwoPointOne

PeteyTwoPointOne Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 10, 2014
    I have not been this UNhappy about a blade <thread > maybe ever...:(

you just can't make that kind of EMPHATIC statement

and

not

up

pics!!!
    :p

ScoMa likes this.
  19. resinguy

resinguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Yeah, the OG 1/400 HHFSH is a special blade. Congrats. They were all black/black, so yours must have gone back in to the Shop for new scales. Can't be many snakeskin version out there.

20. resinguy

resinguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Stole this image from the sale thread, full credit to jbs121s

[​IMG]

tuica likes this.