1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Hawk Bill with a index finger flipper?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by bostondan, Aug 14, 2012.

1. bostondan

bostondan

Mar 20, 2006
  2. bostondan

bostondan

Mar 20, 2006
    Anyone? :x

3. gooeytek

gooeytek

Jul 12, 2011
    [​IMG]
    Do you mean a flipper?

Also, if you like the Baby Bat by Boker, but find it too small, how about the original Bat?

4. Morkte

Morkte

Oct 16, 2011
    You could always put 2 washes and a screw (like the pivot screws) on the spydie hole on the spyderco. You could also buy one of those quick stud things and put it on a spyderco.

5. bostondan

bostondan

Mar 20, 2006
    Yes, the index finger flipper. The Original Bat doesnt have the Flipper

Not the same thing as the index finger flipper- I have partial nerve damage in my thumb which is why I am looking for index finger.

6. brets-ftw

brets-ftw

Sep 11, 2010
    If you can't find a hawkbill with a flipper, you can always try to learn the forefinger flip with any opening hole, same principle as flicking open a knife with your thumb or using a flipper (without wrist motion)

7. gooeytek

gooeytek

Jul 12, 2011
    Not quite a hawkbill, but more of a wharncliffe, is the Brous Silent Soldier flipper.
    Blackout800.jpg

There's also a couple from MTech and other generic companies, but I doubt the quality you want is there.
    $(KGrHqR,!rYE-VkK4Bl!BQJJHH6iD!~~60_57.jpg MT542EM2.JPG

8. gooeytek

gooeytek

Jul 12, 2011
    doubletap.

9. bostondan

bostondan

Mar 20, 2006
    is there anything else?

10. Goosey

Goosey

Mar 19, 2012
    [​IMG]

Phil Boguszewski custom, $1,600.

11. dakine

dakine

Jan 17, 2007
    Kershaw Talon II or ZT0750

[​IMG]

12. bostondan

bostondan

Mar 20, 2006
    Nice knife, but the price is a bit steep and its really not enough of a hawkbill for me. More of a slight curve. Think spyderco civilian

13. Choke

Choke Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Check out custom knifemaker J.E. Roorda. He has a small and large Raptor series. Thumb studs though.