help me pick a very cool pen

I want something distinctive and interesting. In the ballpoint or rollerball way.

I have carried Montblanc, et al. I'd like something that attracts attention and looks very high tech.

Suggestions are welcome!

i really like space pens. www.spacepen.com super neat, more functional than any other pen and very techy.

the telescoping one has a nice wow factor or my favorite, the mars series, with lifetime ink and ti finish.

the plain ol' bullets are quite nice as well and the price is right should you lose it.

k

Out of curiosity I just ordered a Kyocera ball point pen. Kyocera of course makes ceramic knives and the pen has a ceramic ball.They have various styles and they say that because of the ceramic they can use water base ink. I'll check it out.

Try a Sensa. They are really omfortable to write with. When I lend it to people to sign things they always love it.

Can someone tell me how the lifetime ink works?

Surely it'll run out sooner or later!!!...

For hi-tech looking pens, try Faber Castell or Porsche Design.

Point44 said:
Can someone tell me how the lifetime ink works?

Surely it'll run out sooner or later!!!...
The entire body is one big cavitity for the ink/paste. They estimate that there's enough ink in there to write a line thats 10 miles long. Which is longer than most people would write in a lifetime. And you are correct. Fisher will tell you that people have taken advantage of the lifetime replacement warranty with those pens. Not many, but it's been done.

ckc

why not look at a handmade pen?? you can find someone who is willing to make it exaclty as you want it.. one of a kind..

You might look at a Retry 51. I recently picked up a retro 51 rollerball taht I like very much. It is all stanless with a brushed finish on the body and cap but very high poliched clip and ends on he pen. Nice yet understated and did not cost me an arm and a leg. Oh and it writes great!

Hi All-

It is VERY cool to read that Fisher refills are available to specifically fit other pens like Lamy, Montblanc, Parker, and others. Has anyone tried these refills for non-Fisher pens and can report on the performance compared to manufacturer refills?

Thanks much!

~ Blue Jays ~

Blue Jays said:
It is VERY cool to read that Fisher refills are available to specifically fit other pens like Lamy,
This is news to me. I wasn't aware of a M16 compatible Fisher refill. So you have any links to this?

Hi TonyCCW-

It was good news to me, too. While my nickel LAMY Swift rollerball is very cool (reminds me of a Mayo knife with the holes) the writing quality is pathetic. It would be fantastic to boost the performance of this looker.

Visit http://www.spacepen.com/usa/index2.htm and click on the "refills" tab on the right and scroll about a quarter of the way down to see the various replacements offered for sale. I unscrewed my LAMY and lo n' behold the M66 refill looks very similar to what is illustrated on this page.

My platinum Montblanc Meisterstuck Classique was awarded to me at work about six months ago. It's a nice pen and all, but I would never have purchased it for myself. The writing quality is mediocre at best, so that is why I'm interested in an alternative refill from a different manufacturer.

It's kind of sad that my smoothest pens tend to be cheap, promotional giveaways that absolutely SMOKE my high-end pens in terms of raw performance. The only reason I retain the nice pens is because I don't want to slide a plastic POS across the table when I'm asking an important client to sign a $500,000 order...

~ Blue Jays ~

Blue Jays - Why did you take the time to underline your various pen models but did not go one step further and just linked it as to save others time?