Help on a Randall sheath

Can a brother get some help on the date range of this Randall #1-7......my guess is '70's,...plain button snaps. .but what do I know??
1638406635340.jpeg

Go to the Collectors Forum, and then the Randall Forum, they will probably be able to answer your question. John

this is embarassing, but I can't get to the Collectors Forum.....is it under "FORUMS"?

You're showing the backside of a tightly stitched Maurice Johnson 'Roughback' sheath (JRB), and based on the Smooth Snap description you provided, that would narrow down the sheath manufacture date to 1964/1984, but it's got two digits stamped, one for model (1) and another for blade length (7), that would put it into the pre-1972 category; so, '64/'72. If you want a more accurate date, show the knife blade stamp, spacer configuration, and stone type showing any impression (type/color of stone, color of ink, etc.) - for older RMK's made before 1990 this is pretty straightforward stuff.

You're showing the backside of a tightly stitched Maurice Johnson 'Roughback' sheath (JRB), and based on the Smooth Snap description you provided, that would narrow down the sheath manufacture date to 1964/1984, but it's got two digits stamped, one for model (1) and another for blade length (7), that would put it into the pre-1972 category; so, '64/'72. If you want a more accurate date, show the knife blade stamp, spacer configuration, and stone type showing any impression (type/color of stone, color of ink, etc.) - for older RMK's made before 1990 this is pretty straightforward stuff.
1638479226623.jpeg1638479495165.jpeg1638479559555.jpeg

OK...did the photos come through, and can a date be "roughed in" with them?

Late 60's, 1967/68 roughly, back of the envelope, late here. Cool knife; if you ever decide to sell it, I'd buy it. That's where I started twenty years ago.

1639086999444.jpeg
1639087351974.jpeg

having issues loading....i have a set on a image posting site if you want...

John, the original frontside shot of your Model #1 did, and backside of the #2. They're at least 20 yeasr apart in age, the Model #2 being newer. A front side shot of the #2 would help narrow down the date of that one a bit.

That helps. Those snaps were introduced on 1/1/95. so the knife is no older than that. Thread type and color can narrow that down even more, but it's probably at least twenty years newer than the other, and that's probably close enough for this one.

Back