hey busse fanatics, what about the folder?

i frequently loiter in this forum becasue i think busses are one of the most beautiful knives you can buy :) the picture thread is great.

but, not what this post is about. anything else come about that 'busse folder'?

This is all my opinions/beliefs, and in no way reflects the real state of things:

I believe that until Jerry designs a folder that will be one (virtually) indestructible mammy cracker like his fixed blades, we're probably not gonna see it released.

Folders have that inherent weak point at the pivot, which means the lockup must be positive and durable. That usually only covers only one axis too.

Problem is, people tend it pry and twist with blades. These two torque axes and the havoc torque on those axes wrecks on the pivot is what has to be "nuclear-ified".

Man I hope it is soon.....:thumbup:

thatmguy said:
This is all my opinions/beliefs, and in no way reflects the real state of things:

I believe that until Jerry designs a folder that will be one (virtually) indestructible mammy cracker like his fixed blades, we're probably not gonna see it released.

Folders have that inherent weak point at the pivot, which means the lockup must be positive and durable. That usually only covers only one axis too.

Problem is, people tend it pry and twist with blades. These two torque axes and the havoc torque on those axes wrecks on the pivot is what has to be "nuclear-ified".

Man I hope it is soon.....:thumbup:

I have the solution. . .Solid INFI pivot. . .1/2 inch thick. . .

brianNH said:
I say who needs a folder when you can carry a Heavy Duty?

I have to say that I really agree with this idea as the HD is about perfect for its size.:thumbup: Once I get my sheath it will become my EDC. The only exception will be at work where I can't have it on my belt and thus need the folder. Just my $0.02.:D

Hasn't the folder been discontinued? I guess that means if you didn't get one you're out of luck ;)

PS
There ain't nuthin' wrong with my blasted email, galddurnit!

cleaner145 said:
I have to say that I really agree with this idea as the HD is about perfect for its size.:thumbup: Once I get my sheath it will become my EDC. The only exception will be at work where I can't have it on my belt and thus need the folder. Just my $0.02.:D

Since the HD, my folders such as the BM 710 HS, and 9100 series autos just dont get carried anymore. I also feel I have a much stouter blade capable of tougher tasks if need be.

It's not that I wouldn't like a Busse folder, it's just that I Love the HD!! :D

HJK said:
Hasn't the folder been discontinued? I guess that means if you didn't get one you're out of luck ;)

PS
There ain't nuthin' wrong with my blasted email, galddurnit!

does any one have any pics of that folder?

Ohioguy, no pics exist yet, since the folder is just a rumor Jerry uses to shill people into buying his other models while they wait for it's release. Once they're addicted there seems to be no turning back. I think there's maybe one pic on BadMojo.tv of something claiming to be the folder with the blade obscured, but I suspect it's a photoshop job.

Lagarto

Many times, I have been tempted to grind up a Mean streat or Badger and fit the blade into an existing Folder frame lock system. But I couldn't bring myself to do it.

Micarta handles, EDC snakeskin. INFI blade, meaner street style. INFI liners. And, a Axis Lock! Ohhhhhhh man.... I'd buy as many as my little CC could handle!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

The Idea of a knife with infi liners and an infi blade and possibly and axis lock gives me a semi lol. I could understand the inherant problems with building a folder with no weaknesses, because every design has one in one form or another, because if one didnt there would only be that kind of folder. Whether it be axis or frame or liner or back lock. I think a folder with an infi liner would just be rediculously tough and strong, or one with a infi axis. I couldnt see them using titanium with an infi blade because a knife with titanium liners or whatever has been done over and over. All infi would be just awesome. Now I would have to buy 2, one to keep and collect and one to use the livin hell out of. I am sure that even if the folder started as a rumor or whaterver it is by now a work in progress because of all the hype and earnest interest in such a piece of beauty. just my .02

brianNH said:
I say who needs a folder when you can carry a Heavy Duty?
If a folder ever appears, I'll be in line. but I gotta go with brianNH here. I carried my HD all weekend, in my pocket! And I'm not that tall. I doubt a large, heavy duty *folder* would have carried any easier.

barrabas74 said:
The Idea of a knife with infi liners and an infi blade and possibly and axis lock gives me a semi lol. I could understand the inherant problems with building a folder with no weaknesses, because every design has one in one form or another, because if one didnt there would only be that kind of folder. Whether it be axis or frame or liner or back lock. I think a folder with an infi liner would just be rediculously tough and strong, or one with a infi axis. I couldnt see them using titanium with an infi blade because a knife with titanium liners or whatever has been done over and over. All infi would be just awesome. Now I would have to buy 2, one to keep and collect and one to use the livin hell out of. I am sure that even if the folder started as a rumor or whaterver it is by now a work in progress because of all the hype and earnest interest in such a piece of beauty. just my .02

FRAMELOCK!!! Now you're talking. Then Jerry wouldn't have to get the license from that other company, who probably won't give it up anyways. A frame lock is mighty tough and as far as I know, it can be used without getting anyone's license. Then you could have micarta inlays similar to what Chris Reeve's is doing. Or, no inlay at all. Just having a INFI frame would be very cool. Maybe some etching work on the frame? Yeah... that's the ticket.

Hey Hogs... let's keep this thread going. Hopefully Jerry might see an idea he likes and make one or two....thousand.

solid infi? that's gonna be one heavy sucker.

Indestructable? most likely

heavier than a comparable AD or HD? probably

Back