1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Hibben Pro Guide Hunter: opinions wanted!

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by The Bear, Dec 16, 2002.

1. The Bear

The Bear

Nov 23, 2001
  2. The Bear

The Bear

Nov 23, 2001
    I can't believe nobody can tell me something about that knife!!!

3. serge

serge Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Hi Bear,

It's indeed strange that nobody has info on this knife. I like the looks of it a lot, but unfortunately I do not own one. The handle seems very ergonomic to me.

Too bad I can't really help you other than telling you I like the appearance of this knife.

Good luck!

4. The Bear

The Bear

Nov 23, 2001
    Hi Serge!
    Thanks for your comment!
    I saw the knife in a knife shop window in my town and the look is actually great, but I’m not sure for the steel! They say 440 (440A, I guess!)! Nothing special, it could be much better!
    By

5. DaveH

DaveH

Dec 2, 1999
    I'll guess as a general rule a good percentage of people ignore anything with the Hibben name as poor quality and not worth bothering with.

Probably do to the association with United Cutlery and their display only fantasy pieces.

That being said the piece mentioned looks both functional and nice.

6. Will'em

Will'em

Jul 12, 2002
    I think DaveH hit the nail on the Head:rolleyes: Its a reflex of a sort, just like the reflex that makes you through away any frost knives :D

7. Danbo

Danbo Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 28, 1999
    Ok, I'll bite. That knife is junk. Pure fantasy show piece; made of probably 420J2. Cool design though. It needs to be made out of better blade material, by some other company.

8. bob bowie

bob bowie

Jul 24, 2001
    I actually think that that piece will serve you at least as well as a standard Schrade, Gerber, Case, yada, yada:).

Like a few have stated, United, Frost, and a few others have tainted their image by producing a lot of junk, but they can produce/contract out a good knife when they see fit.

This Hibben classic* line, the Lainhart machete, etc.... were all good knives.

* I call these the classic line because it is closest to what Hibben produced when he was first starting out.

HTH:D:).