History

Spark,
Why is it that I have to set my "history" pref. every time I log on? I run Netscape 4.5 with "cookies enabled" and I don't have to enter my password every session. Surely my history preference should be logged, right?
Touch

When was the last time you set your preferences? You may need to do that.

Also, there is a chance that your cookie has become corrupted. Try reseting your preferences, leaving the site, and coming back.

If that fails to work, you may need to delete your entire cookies.txt file, shut down your browser, and do a search for cookies on your hard disk. If you find it saved in your temporary files, delete it there as well, shut down your computer, reboot, and try again.

I know, it sounds like a big pain in the ass, but I've found in the past that sometimes this is the only way to fix the really persistant problems with the cookies that just won't go away.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

Spark,
Seems like I am in for the "REAL PAIN" I have tried everything else. When you serch for cookies how do you search. What are the filenames?
I just need to search 16 GB , Phew
Later
Touch

Just do a search on your HD for "cookies", you may find it under "Internet Temp Files" or something similar.

Best of luck, it is a pain.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg

Insert witty quip here

Spark,
Got it. Some cookie file hid in windows "temp" Dir. Screwed it all up.
Thanks for your help
Touch

Hey, it's what I am here for. Let me know if you have any more problems.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg

Insert witty quip here

Back