Holy Cow

I know this isn't anything about technique, or throwing a knife. I've only seen a knife thrown at anyone, once in fact, with evil intentions. It was something.

Readers Digest Version: True story, at Eglin AFB, FL around 1975/76. I was at a friends house, partying, who had a Vietnmese girlfriend. Everything was fine until we started laughing about something. She started screaming, "That's Not Funny", what could we do, but laugh more. Now, she as mad! She picked up a big carving knife and literally threw it as hard as she could at her boyfriend. Amazing watching that knife go end over end, then thud, dead center chest, handle first and bounced off. Wow, if that had been blade first, a different story.

I'm glad she didn't read BladeForum about knife throwing!

On the serious side, I have watched a few videos and would like to try my hand. Any recommendations on what type of knife I should start with?

Regards, Daniel

Cold steel throwers are good i personally use knives i make myself to throw. If you have a grinder i recommend you try making your own there are templates available online.

Thanks for the advice. Late when I redo my garage will get a grinder and vice gripes

Later when I'm rearranging the garage, will get a ginder and vice. Also learning how to make handles out of parachute cord.

Large

Paracord can work for a throwing knife grip but one thing ive seen is when im throwing i throw really tight groups so the paracor an get damaged or unwrap i use electrical tape or duck tape for handel if i feel there is a need.

could someone have made a reference to that term some guys use for south east asian girls, having the acronym lbfm?

Back