Holy Grail !!

Hi fellas

I just received a desert natural outlaw (e- handle) but this one has a swedge grind and uncoated spines,the but is ground up close to the handle (no rear talon hole). Handle is quilted and comes with desert camo kydex sheath and nylon strap.

This is by far the best Busse I have handled and is already my favourite knife !!

Never thought I would find the perfect knife but I think I have !!

:cool:

These are sweet! I can't really decide if this or the ZT NO is my favorite Busse. The balance and "feel" of both is superb.
I believe that a ZT NO with a butt grind and thicker handle slabs wound be perfect.

MikeH said:
These are sweet! I can't really decide if this or the ZT NO is my favorite Busse. The balance and "feel" of both is superb.
I believe that a ZT NO with a butt grind and thicker handle slabs wound be perfect.

You could always do a cord wrap over the ZT handles. Mine is going in for a butt grind after the Tanker A gets taken care of. My standard NO-E has a butt grind and I also have a Desert with the recurve blade the same way. IMO the butt grind really benefits the NO (and other 'smaller' blade sizes). The SJ is in the mix also, but since it's not a user yet, it's last in line.

The ZTNO is my wifes 'heavy duty' kitchen knife. She's in favor of the butt grind cause her method of seperating stuff (frozen, semi frozen, joints, bones, whatever) is putting the tip in and giving the other end a good whack. My stock answer for the cost of a Busse is $40, so she beats on it (and the Rats) the same as the knife we got at the gas station with a fill up. She is a far better tester than I am. LOL

Rob

wetdog1911 said:
The ZTNO is my wifes 'heavy duty' kitchen knife. My stock answer for the cost of a Busse is $40, so she beats on it the same as the knife we got at the gas station with a fill up.

Rob
:confused: Do I detect some deception here????

wetdog1911 said:
The ZTNO is my wifes 'heavy duty' kitchen knife. She's in favor of the butt grind cause her method of seperating stuff (frozen, semi frozen, joints, bones, whatever) is putting the tip in and giving the other end a good whack. My stock answer for the cost of a Busse is $40, so she beats on it (and the Rats) the same as the knife we got at the gas station with a fill up. She is a far better tester than I am. LOL

Rob

A gas station that gives away knives as promotional items, how cool is that!! :) Ya just couldn't do that around Balt/DC....it would lead to lots of free gas, LOL :D

wetdog1911 said:
Mine is going in for a butt grind after the Tanker A gets taken care of. My standard NO-E has a butt grind and I also have a Desert with the recurve blade the same way. IMO the butt grind really benefits the NO (and other 'smaller' blade sizes)
Rob

Hello all.

I'm fairly new to the forum and this is my first post to the Busse area.

I've recently acquired several Busses and I really like them. I agree with wetdog that the butt grind would be a plus on the smaller bladed knives. I've got a Desert Anorexic Badger Attack that I think would be extra sweet with the rear tang trimmed. I have no idea where to go to get this work done. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

B1aydrunnr said:
Hello all.

I've recently acquired several Busses and I really like them. I agree with wetdog that the butt grind would be a plus on the smaller bladed knives. I've got a Desert Anorexic Badger Attack that I think would be extra sweet with the rear tang trimmed. I have no idea where to go to get this work done. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Welcome aboard, avoid death chats and skunks, and I would call the shop and ask if they are able to do it for a fee or email them... Hope this helps and if it does, VOTE HAMMY/KAAK 08'

You would love that DABA with a butt grind. I ordered my ABLE with the
butt ground flush with the scales. The result is one of the best feeling little hunting knives ever. I have never seen a drop point hunter as lively and well-balanced.

KX1A said:
:confused: Do I detect some deception here????

Just a little. LOL I came out the other day and she had the ZTNO tip down in a big glass of water soaking off whatever she had let dry on it from the day before. I almost blurted out "That's a $300 knife!", but kept my cool, washed it, wiped it off and put it in the drawer. She did look at me funny, because for me, washing anything is a pretty rare event. Told her, it looks stainless, but it's not and I didn't want it to rust. Of course, then I had to wash the Old Hickory that was in the glass with it cause she KNOWS that will rust. Then I had to wash the glass.

Next time, I'll wait till she's not in the kitchen. :0

Rob

B1aydrunnr said:
Hello all.

Thanks.

Call the shop. When my standard was done a couple of years ago it was ~$35. Still not sure what it's going to be for the Tanker, but there's other stuff being done at the same time so it's a little more involved. Mainly how hard it's going to be to remove the green coating.

Talk to Miki or David, they'll hook you up.

Rob

KnifeAddictAK said:
Welcome aboard, avoid death chats and skunks, and I would call the shop and ask if they are able to do it for a fee or email them... Hope this helps and if it does, VOTE HAMMY/KAAK 08'

KAAK,
Based on my dealings, I've only got good things to say about skunks, at least the ones from Idaho.

Thank you for the tip on calling Busse to get this work done. Likewise to Rob & MikeH. I actually have a request in already for them to profile the butt end on my new LMS to the same as the Active Duty, eliminating the striking pommel. The Email response said Jerry had to review it. So, I'm not sure if they only do that sort of special work for certain people or what. I would like to get a couple of others butt ground, like the DABA I mentioned. So, I will Email the shop with my request. What's the experience been with turn-around time on such work?

Thanks again, guys.

Back