1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 38 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

How much is my CRK worth?

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by Eric556, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Eric556

Eric556 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2019
    so I want to sell my CRK small with Macassar ebony wood inlays because I need some extra cash but want some input how much its worth. Not sure how the resale value is on these higher end knives.
    I originally bought it on May 17th, 2019 for $502 after tax
    It's in really good condition and i have the box and everything that came with it except for the lanyard i took that off.

Attached Files:

2. Nolo263

Nolo263

Jul 7, 2019
    Its worth 10 bucks, where do I send the check?

Therom likes this.
  3. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2016
    You might explore the exchange for similar sales. A lot of sales get the listing price removed when it sells, but not all. Research currently for-sale blades by looking up their retail price and the asking price and compare percentages.

I personally consider a -10% deduct a fair starting point for a new-ish, mint condition/unused/LNIB knife. So ~$450 for your knife. Purely one man's point of view.

Having said that, some CRK will get a premium and maybe fetch more than retail if it is something collectible or rare. I have no idea about this knife's rarity.

4. madcap_magician

madcap_magician Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 27, 2005
    Depends on how fast you want to sell it. As long as it's cheaper than retail, it'll probably sell. If you give a 10% discount, it'll sell at some point. If you give a 50% discount, it'd sell within five minutes.

capaso and Stumpy72 like this.
  5. Stumpy72

Stumpy72 Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 5, 2018
    Madcap Magician nailed it. IMO... for most CRK’s in new, nearly new or “just back from the spa” condition with box and all the CRK stuff, 10% discount = slow, difficult sale with a lot of haggling; 20% discount = easier, quicker sale; 25% discount = fairly quick sale; >25% discount = fast, easy sale. This is a major generalization and there’ll be (probably many) exceptions. CRK is still selling the Macassar Ebony inlays, which doesn’t help you. In addition, the Sebenza 31 now being offered may influence things (whether for the better or the worse I don’t know). Good luck with your efforts.

6. Peter Hartwig

Peter Hartwig Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2008
    I use 20% as a starting point on anything that doesn't fall into the rare/high demand category. less than that I would prefer new. Now that 21's are discontinued I don't know how that might effect it and if any are available at dealers still.
    So I would price it around $375/$400 and likely it would sell well. If you want more it may take longer or you could get lucky and find someone with a great desire for what you have.
    you have all the items, but mint/unused gets the best price
    Good luck on your sale

7. madcap_magician

madcap_magician Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 27, 2005
    The only way you'll really sell fast at a 5-10% discount is if you get lucky and find someone who is specifically looking for a user, which happens sometimes. I'll do that myself if there's a knife I really want to carry, but it's so nice that I don't want to buy it totally new and have first-scratch-on-new-car syndrome. Sometimes then it's worth buying a knife for a 10% discount that's only really 1% used.

Bought the DLT Exclusive 551-1701 carbon fiber/M390 Griptilian that way, very lightly used, off-center blade, traded into it and felt zero guilt about carrying it because it was imperfect already.

8. loon#r

loon#r Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2008
    People either ask way too much (I’ve been guilty of this on occasion for “rare” ones or ones I’d rather not sell but must) or want a huge discount. Twenty percent has always been the best starting point in my experiences.