Photos How Well Do We Know Our ABC's? (Traditional Version)

Zulu Spear

34061290112_d465462c04_b_d.jpg

Yep! Zulu spear is about all I can come up with for z.
Ugly knife, by the way, Ron!:)
IMG_0710-X3.jpg

Another Zuava with harlequin handles !!
View attachment 1181993 View attachment 1181994
For obscure reasons, the name comes from the Zouave soldiers, created during the conquest of Algeria in 1830 (and lasted til 1962), whose heyday was in the Crimean war.(edit : maybe this comes of the Papal Zouaves https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_Zouaves )
One is particularly famous because standing on a pier of the Alma bridge he serves as an indicator of Seine river level. (emergency level is reached when his feets are in the water).
The blade shape is called French blade,again reason remains unknown. (http://www.coltelleriasaladini.it/en/prodotti/zuava-2/)

Paris-zouave-pont-de-l-alma.jpg
Zouave.jpg

William_Simpson_-_Attack_on_the_Malakoff.jpg

Tidioute #72 Cody Scout Lockback in Grizzly Cut Bone

dhZ6Up7.jpg

Tidioute #85 Bullet End Jack "Beaver Tail" in Jigged Brazilian Cherry

dZlCO29.jpg

This round was fun! I challenged myself to post as many GEC knives as I could, at least one for each letter, no duplicates. 26 days, 26 letters, 91 GECs, and 1 Excel spreadsheet to keep track of everything. :D

I’m sorry to have misssd the second half of the alphabet in this round. I’ve been watching and enjoying the show, but too far from my knives to make any contributions. On this last letter of round 2, here is a Mike Zscherny stag backpocket sandwiched between two of his Barlows 396955D7-3B16-46F6-B641-0C79769B8032.jpeg
33362F41-94C9-430E-9ADA-96EEAA22DE2C.jpeg
1D1A0743-2C5F-4E3A-95F5-FAB351FB2808.jpeg

In Round 1, I posted as many of my knives as I could for each letter-day, using the initial letters of words used to describe a knife to decide if it was legit. As a result, many knives were posted several times over the course of the round.

In Round 2, I posted exactly one knife each day, and never posted a knife more than once in that round.

In Round 3, I plan to take a minimalist approach in the sense of posting as few knives as I can to cover the entire alphabet. By using admittedly comprehensive knife descriptions, I think I'll be able to handle A-Z with just THREE knives.

I just wanted to let you know what "rules" I'm playing by. :rolleyes:

My Entry for A:
XYZ Brands produces, in China, an America's Trades, Double-ended Canoe Pattern with Parallel-Jigged Brown Bone covers having Threaded Bolsters and an Oval Handyman's Club of America Shield (and an HCOA LTD Tang Stamp). It Arrived Packaged in a Black Velour Bag inside a Black Cardboard Box.
canoe.mark.main.bag&box.jpg

- GT

Last edited:
Back