I always feeel like somebody's waaatchin' meee!

I get the impression that some of you gear-junkies might be as security-minded as myself so I'm looking for a good home surveillance recommendation. Currently, I have 2 Nest IP cameras that send notifications to my smartphone when they detect motion. They offer cloud-based storage and live streaming via web browser and smartphone app which is pretty handy. Nest also offers a smart thermostat and Co2 and smoke detectors, which I plan to pick up someday but no door/window alarms or local DVR storage.
What I'd like to find is a setup that offers local DVR storage, hopefully compatible with door and window alarms, and has a smartphone app and the live streaming options and notifications that Nest has. Ideally, it would be an 8-channel kit that comes with at least 6 indoor/outdoor/IR cameras. I don't need a pan-tilt-zoom camera but the option to add one would be nice. I've looked at several all-in-one kits online but I can't find any that offer all of the options I'm looking for. Night Owl and Swann seem to come close but I've read that the video quality on Swann's smartphone app is poor enough to be basically useless and neither seem to offer door/window sensors.
Any ideas?

paranoid.jpg

surveillance-cameras-nyc.jpg

I had a recently-released convicted felon show up on my doorstep uninvited the other day...
My paranoia is justified.
;)

When I quit amphetamines, the paranoia got worse because I knew I couldn't blame it on the drugs.

Back