I can't even give them away! -GAW WINNER CHOSEN!!

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Bob Ohlemann, Sep 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Ohlemann

Bob Ohlemann KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 5, 2013
    10/1/2014- ...And the winner is...JEFFSENPAI (post #384). Congratulations!! I've sent you a private message to get your mailing info and sheath choice. Thank you to all who entered the contest and if you would like to purchase a knife like this, give me a shout.

9/30/2014-Bump for last chance to enter. I will close this thread this evening and will draw the winner tomorrow. New owner of the knife should have it within a week.

Ok, so some of you viewed and even entered my giveaway yesterday. Well it turns out that I was in violation of forum rules because I was asking people to send me friend requests on Facebook so they could follow my knifemaking (and of course, I would build a larger customer base to market those knives to). The contest thread was pulled by the mods BUT, I'm a stand up guy. I said I would give away a knife and I intend to do that. I will comply with the rules by NOT asking anyone to click on my facebook link and send me a friend request though, if you do, being the friendly guy that I am, I will probably accept.

The new rules for the giveaway are post up in this thread and comment on the knife, the forum, how your day is going...whatever! Post one time only! I will draw the winner on October 1st by using a random number generator app to choose a post number from the thread. I will read all the posts and I was always good at the match game so if I see multiple posts by a member, I will eliminate you from the drawing. Just trying to keep things fair for everybody. Since there is an issue with this forum sometimes double posting, you will need to delete one of the posts should this occur. When I draw the number of the winning post, if it turns out to be a deleted post, I will flip a coin to decide to go above or below the deleted post.

Note: The thread from September 4th is gone. If you entered the contest on the deleted thread, you will need to re-enter by posting in this thread.

If you win, you will get the handmade clip-point EDC pictured below. This is one of four EDC I've been working on that all feature the same specs but, with different blade profiles. This one is really a prototype as I will primarily be making these knives in CPM-S35VN or AEB-L. It will come with a custom leather sheath by Jack Andress and I will cover the shipping as well. I will not ship the knife outside of the U.S.. It is your responsibility to ensure the knife meets any local laws for possession or carry.

Thanks for the support,

Bob

Specs on the knife:

Blade Material - 440C
    Blade Length - 3-1/8" tip to bolster
    Blade Thickness - .134" at spine
    Blade Hardness - 59Hrc
    Bolster Material - 416 Stainless Steel
    Scale Material - Stabilized Maple Burl
    Liner Material - Blue G10
    Scale Pins - 416 Stainless Steel
    Lanyard Tube - 304L Stainless Steel
    Scale Epoxy - G/Flex
    Knife length - 7-1/8"
    Retail Price - $280

[​IMG]IMG_3863-Edit by Ranger_Bob, on Flickr

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  2. shad0w77

shad0w77

Sep 5, 2014
    Wow what a knife! You sir got me to do my first post here on bladeforums. Have a CS Mini Recon 1 coming in the mail and would be sweet to have this as my next... ;-)

3. grownstar

grownstar

Apr 24, 2013
    I'm in, Bob-o! Always a pleasure to meet a fellow Texan.

I love the look of the maple burl. :thumbup:

4. DocGP

DocGP

Feb 22, 2009
    Wow, awesome blade. Makes me want to crawl back into my little amateur knifemaker hole!!

Great job!!

Doc

5. theobetts

theobetts

Nov 4, 2004
    Great looking knife, very generous of you to give it away.
    I would like to be in.

6. EchoBravoKilo

EchoBravoKilo

Oct 12, 2009
    That is just beautiful. Very artistic as well as functional. It would be my first fixed blade, and what a way to start!

Thank you.

7. KP

KP Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 24, 2011
    That looks spectacular. Please count me in for the contest.

8. EchoBravoKilo

EchoBravoKilo

Oct 12, 2009
    Sorry for dupe

9. JPD1998

JPD1998 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 18, 2004
    Beautiful knife!
    I love the scales.
    Thanks for the chance!

10. eschwebach

eschwebach

Jul 16, 2012
    Bob, that knife is GORGEOUS! Count me in please, and thank you for your generosity. My day is going well so far! :thumbup:

11. mazibuko

mazibuko Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Great looking knife sir! Please count me in.

12. shinyedges

shinyedges Unfaltering Love & Undeviating Will Gold Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Its going good thanks for asking also thanks for the chance

13. Kloepper Knife Works

Kloepper Knife Works

Jan 31, 2014
    Very nice, whoever wins this is one lucky SOB.

I know it won't be me though. I could be the only person in a raffle and still lose. My luck is worthless. :eek:

14. Spyderco-man

Spyderco-man

Feb 3, 2013
    I'm in! She sure is purdy! Thanks for the chance from yet another Texan.
    I love the knife, by the way. If there were any chance that I win, it would be the nicest blade I owned.

15. DallasSTB

DallasSTB Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Howdy neighbor! I'll give it a shot, Bob. Thanks!! I'd even drive up there to pick it up from ya!;)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  16. Mike-Mike

Mike-Mike

Jul 31, 2011
    Love it! Thanks for the chance.

17. MrFixIt

MrFixIt

Jul 28, 2014
    Thank you for the opportunity!
    As far as my day so far, I've been busy at work, but busy makes the time go by quickly!

18. arskrg

arskrg

Aug 15, 2011
    Beautiful knife!
    I'm in, thanks.

19. Fish30114

Fish30114

Jan 5, 2014
    Ranger Bob, I have liked every knife I have ever seen you post on the 'Shop Talk' forum, and this one is no exception! I love blue liners BTW, so I'm definitely in, thanks for the generous give-away.

20. Fanglekai

Fanglekai

Jan 7, 2007
    That's a nice looking knife. Thanks for the chance!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.