I feel the need for a fighter...

So I have been looking at the Fairbairn style knives and decided I want a fighter type double edge knife, I hesitate to use the term dagger. Now before the lectures start- I am not a knife fighter (I do plan on edged weapon training someday when money allows) nor do I plan on knife fighting with this knife. I simply like the style and don't have one yet. So I thought I would list some models I'm looking at and see who has experience with them.

Knives on my possibles list:

-Gerber Mark 1 and Mk2
-Boker AF 1 and 2
-Boker Plus V-42 "Devil's Brigade"
-Boker M3 trench knife
-Benchmark Blackie Collins Tac-I (found a used 1st production in a local shop)

These are my list so far. Want to keep it under $150 if possible. Anybody got any other suggestions? Should any of these be knocked off the list? Any input appreciated.

I have the Boker A.F.non serrated,I like the knife alot,and their 440C takes a good razor edge.That one sees alot of night stand duty.

I'm a big dagger fan myself & if I had to have only one of them meeting your criteria I'd have either a Cold Steel Peacekeeper 1 or a Boker Applegate-Fairbairn. The Peace Keeper is beautifully hollow ground & just an all-around perfect combo of point & edge for this sort of dagger. The handle feels great too. The A/F is also wide enough to have good edge geometry for a dagger & the brass guard, blade signatures & grooved handles give it an extra cool factor the more plain, colorless Peace Keeper 1 lacks. Both have good steel, good edge geometry, & comfortable handles. Most daggers don't cover all those areas so well.

Lol, well since this is strictly frivolous I'll stick to my original search.

Ok, so I've added a couple to the running. The Down Under Knives Death Adder an the Scorpion Knives Fighting Dagger. Now these companies are both unknown to me. I am leaning heavily towards the Scorpion. But I like them both. Those 2 and the Boker are my main picks right now. Anybody know anything about the Down Under or Scorpion?

I know you're probably not looking for a folder, but I bought the Gerber Applegate-Fairbairn combat knife, and I love it.
Its a 4 inch blade in combo edge with an unsharpened double egde. The thing about this knife is, when the blade is closed fully, the top edge recedes into the handle. So you cold definitely have it sharpened.

Just beware of the steel. Its bead blasted and will rust

424---2.jpg

gerber-applegate-fairbairn-combat-22-10608-back-large.jpg

How about a Blackhawk United Kingdom-Special Forces Knife (UK-SFK)?

If you don't mind spending a bit more, Amazon has one for about 153.99 [http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...ch-alias=aps&field-keywords=blackhawk uk-sfk]

Specifications:
• Blade length: 6.220”/158 mm
• Overall length: 11.380”/289 mm
• Blade material: D-2 tool steel
• Blade finish: Black epoxy powder coating or brushed satin finish
• Edge type: Plain edge only
• Handle material: Textured G-10 scales
• Sheath: Injection-molded nylon with mounting plates for S.T.R.I.K.E.® or drop-leg platform attachment

james terrio

Sharpest Knife in the Light Socket
I once had the pleasure of examining a Boker A/F knife with the "Besh wedge" style grind... sort of two offset chisel grinds. It looks pretty strange at first, but the bevels are very keen and I think it is plenty stabby. They can be found online for around $125.

BO120542blog.jpg

Check out the Shadow tech knives offerings. They are very durable and the sheaths are functional. I have a few of their knives and for the money, their hard to beat.

How about a Blackhawk United Kingdom-Special Forces Knife (UK-SFK)?

If you don't mind spending a bit more, Amazon has one for about 153.99 [http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...ch-alias=aps&field-keywords=blackhawk uk-sfk]

Specifications:
• Blade length: 6.220”/158 mm
• Overall length: 11.380”/289 mm
• Blade material: D-2 tool steel
• Blade finish: Black epoxy powder coating or brushed satin finish
• Edge type: Plain edge only
• Handle material: Textured G-10 scales
• Sheath: Injection-molded nylon with mounting plates for S.T.R.I.K.E.® or drop-leg platform attachment

Now THAT I like! It looks like the Death Adder but better.

I have two John Ek knives. Each one cost me less then $100, used of coarse. I really like them.

Have you considered the coldsteel oss or peace keeper? Also you may want to look at the entrek close combat mk 2 or commando models.

Native XF ad, Below bottom BC