Recommendation? I want to purchase a “fancier” knife, but don’t really know what is good out there.

Hello, first-timer here. Sorry for my poor English.

I want to purchase a “fancier” knife, but don’t really know what is good out there. I am seeking for some suggestions, and thank you very much. Collecting knives for three years now, knives ranging from 10 - 120 dollar. Some of the knives that I really like and carry from day to day are the Rat 2, Benchmade Bugout, and the Protech Half Breed.

Perhaps looking for something nicer, but not breaking the bank at the same time. Something with really good action, nice to carry in the pocket, and around 200 dollar. Looking forward to learn a lot of new things from passionate knife lovers. Once again, thank you very much with all the suggestions.

There are so many good knives in that price range, can you narrow down what you are looking for? Such as:
-Lock type
-Size
-Intended use
-Handle materials you like (titanium, wood, carbon fiber, etc)
-blade shape
-opening type (flipper, thumbstuds, spydie hole, nail Nick)

There are so many good knives in that price range, can you narrow down what you are looking for? Such as:
-Lock type
-Size
-Intended use
-Handle materials you like (titanium, wood, carbon fiber, etc)
-blade shape
-opening type (flipper, thumbstuds, spydie hole, nail Nick)

-Lock type; I like all types
-Size; perhaps something like the overall length 7.5-6.0in and blade length 3.5-3.0in
-Intended use; average EDC, open a lot of boxes from time to time, and cut food (rarely)
-Handle material; d10, titanium, and CB
-Blade shape; welcome all
-Opening type; thumbstuds, flipper, spyder hole, push button, and nail nick (from most like to "least" like)

Welcome and don't worry about the English. You're doing fine. I really like the BM 940-2, Spyderco Magnitude, Emerson Sheepdog, and ZT 0452

Thank you, and I heard a lot of good things about BM940. Sorry, not really a fan of Emerson knife. I also heard some ZT have locking issues, I don't know how true is that.
:)

If you don’t own a Buck 110 you should try one. The Ebony handles used now are pretty nice but you can get fancier handles and different steels make it as fancy and as expensive as you want. A stag 110 with nickel silver bolsters is a pretty nice knife.

Hello, first-timer here. Sorry for my poor English.

I want to purchase a “fancier” knife, but don’t really know what is good out there. I am seeking for some suggestions, and thank you very much. Collecting knives for three years now, knives ranging from 10 - 120 dollar. Some of the knives that I really like and carry from day to day are the Rat 2, Benchmade Bugout, and the Protech Half Breed.

Perhaps looking for something nicer, but not breaking the bank at the same time. Something with really good action, nice to carry in the pocket, and around 200 dollar. Looking forward to learn a lot of new things from passionate knife lovers. Once again, thank you very much with all the suggestions.
Are you in the US? That could impact your budget and availability. I'd go to knifecenter or bhq and use their search functions to select some of your requirements to see what pops up.

If you are thinking Spyderco,I feel the Para 2 is to big but the Para 3 is smaller and better.Another one to consider in the Spyderco dept. is the Native 5. I have all three but love the Native 5 the most.That's if I am not pocketing a traditional.

Take a look at the offerings from Lionsteel, Al-Mar, Mcusta, Fallkniven, or Fox Knives. Each company offers a couple different kinds of "fancy" knife.

Southern Grind Spider Monkey, WE Deacon (a little over budget at $250), Spyderco advocate (I believe DLT has them for $179).

Hmm...

LMWK9Yy.jpg

Have you checked out Giantmouse? This is a Biblio in natural micarta, but they come in more varieties. There's a full Ti one now, but it's a little more expensive.

There's also the Nimbus which I really like.

Both in M390.

If you don’t own a Buck 110 you should try one. The Ebony handles used now are pretty nice but you can get fancier handles and different steels make it as fancy and as expensive as you want. A stag 110 with nickel silver bolsters is a pretty nice knife.

Yeah, I was looking at the Buck 110 and it is a beautiful knife, but a nail nick knife doesn't really tickle my fancy. I like to carry something with a different type of deployment. Thank you for the suggestion, I will perhaps consider more about this knife in the future.

Back