I want to see knives you have personalized youself!

My favorite thing about knives is how readily you can modify them to "make them your own".

Just yesterday, I took this spartan I had, which I had always hated b/c it came dull, I never had the time to reprofile the edge, and it started spotting in 2 days. It has literally been sitting around for years, without any use and I decided to do some work to it.

Before:
95079882.png

After:
img4835i.jpg

img4834yo.jpg

img4836ca.jpg

Despite the hollow ground, the edge was pretty thick, so I added a relief bevel of 28 degrees inclusive! :eek: And then I put on a normal (not micro bevel) edge of 40 degrees inclusive. Polished to a nice satin sheen, put a paracord fob on it. And now I can't get it out of my pocket :D

Here is a SK5 Recon scout I did as well (not the SM3 version). It was a huge pain in the butt removing all the black but it turned out pretty good
img4833es.jpg

Here is a minigrip I modified with a bit of glo-inc's paint:
img4828ew.jpg

scaled.php

And my favorite picture, here is a hold-out III that I got to a mirror polish (wasn't hard it was already satin). Note: I did have to flip the picture to make it read correctly
mirrorsn.png

Now I want to see what you guys have done! Maybe you can give me some idea of what to do next

Nice mods! Those are all looking quite good! Looks like you've got the hang of sanding and pollishing, and having fun with a dremel. I like it.

I love tinkering around with modding my knives as well. :thumbup:

Just FYI, there is a customized production knife thread around here already..... but it doesn't hurt to start another I guess. :) I think I'll Ipost a few mods of my own here in a sec...

Nice mods! Those are all looking quite good! I love tinkering around with modding my knives as well. :thumbup:

Just FYI, there is a customized production knife thread around here already..... but it doesn't hurt to start another I guess. :) I think I'll Ipost a few mods of my own here in a sec...

Thanks! Please do!

And yes I know, but that is mostly done by professionals I believe? Either that or they look really really good. Tuffthumbz started it, and I consider him a professional.

A few of my own...

Modded CS Rifelmans hawk:
008-1.jpg

Swamprat Swampwarden:
022-1.jpg

Modded my girraffe bone Busse:
005-8.jpg

Modded my Junglas:
009-3.jpg

014-2.jpg

CS Larado
006-2.jpg

007-1.jpg

CS pipe hawk
022.jpg

Pollished Izula
various2008-2009190.jpg

Very nice! I love what you have done to the rifleman hawk and the swamp rat

The spine on the laredo is beautiful too!

Like I said, I think those were done by professionals? I was looking to see what people have done themselves. Maybe I am just vastly underestimating what people are able to do.

Well you could keep guessing or you could read a little. The choice is ultimately yours. Cheers.

I love that one!

Well you could keep guessing or you could read a little. The choice is ultimately yours. Cheers.

Guess may be the wrong word. It is clear that there is a mix of both, with most of them not having a description of who did it. I just wanted a thread where it was all done by the poster him/herself.

Guess may be the wrong word. It is clear that there is a mix of both, with most of them not having a description of who did it. I just wanted a thread where it was all done by the poster him/herself.

Thats fine. I actually had to dig a little to find it for you. Whether you agree or not, there are many talented people here on Bladeforums, alot of them are makers or "service-providers" or some sort. So the answer to your request may be a little of both, like it or not.

I really don't think the people that posted in that thread are going to post the same in your thread, thats why i dug up the link for you. Not trying to rain on your thread.

Thats fine. I actually had to dig a little to find it for you. Whether you agree or not, there are many talented people here on Bladeforums, alot of them are makers or "service-providers" or some sort. So the answer to your request may be a little of both, like it or not.

That's fine, and there sure are.

Not trying to rain on your thread.
How bout you post something you modded then? :p

Here's a cheap Chinese balisong. Pretty poor quality but it has nice solid stainless steel handles.

img1987mn6.jpg

So I got rid of the blade and the plastic inserts, and replaced them with a new blade I made and citrus wood inserts.

pacificsidewinder002ll2.jpg

I've posted most of these other places but, what the heck

bK7 and BK14
9e388b66.jpg

Busse Zilla, HI ASTK and Scrapyard Scrapizashi wearing redwood
DSCF0101.jpg

BK10 LE wearing black ash burl and desert iron wood
c0404b07.jpg

Clich, that BK2 is insane looking and BigFry that is the nicest looking Junglas I think I've ever seen

Back