If I love the Fallkniven F1...

If I love my Fallkniven F1, I'd also enjoy...

I love the performance, convex blade, simple grip, balance, etc.

I'm interested in your recommendations for something similar.

Thanks, I'll take a look at those. I'm familiar with the Gunny, but often thought that although I like the blade design, the handle looked a little too thin.

Definitely something from Bark River. I've got a few of their knives (all with blades around 4", except for a Mikro Canadian) and I'm very happy with them. I've got big hands so handles on Barkies usually fit me better than the skinny handle on the F1 (which I still love). Fox River, Bravo 1, Canadian Special, Sperati Point (same blade as their Kephart, I don't know if it's still in production), Aurora, etc.

Thanks, I'll take a look at those. I'm familiar with the Gunny, but often thought that although I like the blade design, the handle looked a little too thin.
I have the Bravo 1, the next size up from the gunny. It's top 3 as far as handle comfort out of all the knives I've owned. I wish more knives had such well designed and contoured handles. The knife in general is a near perfect size and shape for woods use. The A2 steel holds an edge a long time and it cuts superbly. If you aren't keen on the .22" thickness, they do have a model with the same dimensions but with a thinner stock. My Bravo 1 has been collecting dust though, as I've developed a quirk in that I won't use or buy a knife that doesn't have removable scales. In my eyes it's Bark River's only flaw, but I'm just weird like that.

Yea i gotta say, bark river makes some fantastic blades. I have an Bravo-2 that i have been using for farm chores and it is doing fantastic. I always thought a2 was fairly rust prone, but mine has been doing fantastic in that area.

If the Master Hunter from Cold Steel had a convex edge it would be probably one of my favorites. I like the grip size on the Master Hunter as well as the blade length, but I would rather have the convex edge that the Fallkniven has. Bark River makes awesome kives and if you like the F1, the Bravo 1 from Bark River is a great knife.

BlackJack TacOps Model 4 would be a good option if you'd like a bit more beef to go along with the convex bladeBJ TacOps 4.jpg, or a BJ #125 if you want more handle options bj 125 black micarta small.jpg. The guard is bigger on the 125 than your F1, but still doesn't get in the way of field dressing chores. I have both in A2 steel and couldn't ask for more knife for the money.

Last edited:
Back