If you like the 0452 will you like the 0450

wickettedge

Platinum Member
I really like the ZT 0452 and now am thinking about the 0450. I am 6’6” with large hands but not thick fingers. Anyways, I like the 0452 and is fine to carry but a little big to sometimes pull out in social situations where you need a knife. Thinking the little brother could work here.

Would love comments or suggestions.

I have a 0450 and wear XL gloves.

Honestly, I like the 0450. Fit and finish are typical ZT. Good looking.

However it feels a little cramped to me and I don’t carry it anywhere near as much. It’s fine for small cutting tasks, but extended periods of cutting I always choose something else that’s more comfortable. (My benchmade 940-2 is similar size and it’s far more comfortable)

I’m a big fan of ZT, and have several models. It’s just I wish the 0450 was a smidge bigger. I wish they’d come out with one “in between” the 0450 and the 0452.

I have medium sized hands with beefy fingers and I didn’t like the way it rested n hand. Just didn’t feel natural to me, but just my opinion.

I really like the ZT 0452 and now am thinking about the 0450. I am 6’6” with large hands but not thick fingers. Anyways, I like the 0452 and is fine to carry but a little big to sometimes pull out in social situations where you need a knife. Thinking the little brother could work here.

Would love comments or suggestions.
Differing hand sizes matter here... I wear an XL width and Large length glove. The 452 fits me, but the 450 does not.

My 0452 is perfect for my hand (size L glove), and based on the handle length and photos I'm 95% confident the 0450 would be too small for me. I'd have to use the space after the "prong" near the butt, and that doesn't look comfortable to me. I've never had a chance to hold one, though.

I wear medium men's gloves but my hands are pretty wide. The usable grip on the 0450 is simply too small. I just got an 0450 yesterday and was considering a post on this subject. It suffers from the same design flaw as the Ontario Rat II. The handle length is similar to other knives I find comfortable, but the contours on the 0450 and Rat II make the top and bottom-most portions of the handle unusable in a way the others don't. They feel like they were made for kids.

6'6" here as well and have 11.25" hands (QB measurement) and the 0450, albeit a fantastic knife, is just too small for a decent grip.
If you don't mind a 3 finger grip and fiddly opening trying to position the knife correctly then go ahead and try it, but I'm going to hazard a guess that someone will get a few bucks off when you list it on the exchange.

0450 is very cramped for me, which is unfortunate because I love the design. The 0452 is damn near perfect, but certainly a little too big and scary for some.

I carry my 0454 more than my 0450cfzdp. The 0450 is great for times when you need something very small and light, but it is quite small (not just in length of handle, but it's also very narrow).

The 450 knives are great small and light knives, but compared to the 452/454 it's an apples and oranges thing. The bigger knives are much more comfortable in hand, but also don't disappear into the pocket of cotton workout shorts quite the same way either.

So what we are saying here is that size really does matter...

In that respect I'd say it's actually lacking more girth than length, as far as comfort in use goes.

The 0450Cf is what I carry most of the time. I have long hands and it still fits well. I like that it doesn’t fill up my whole pocket.

Back