Impact tanto

I have an old impact tanto in 1095. I was wondering how this steel and design would compare to the large TDI and the CS Desperado in toughness. All i have read indicates 1095 would be the best choice in strength. The TDI is 3/16, Desperado 3mm and not for sure about the impact. Any input would be welcomed.

I would say, it would be comparable, in both toughness and function.

Kabar has their 1095CV heat treat down pretty good, and the tanto point, is a fairly standard design.

I liked those Impact series, they just didn't sell that well.

l1462.jpg

I also liked the D2 Clip as well....

l1464.jpg

Moose

Thank you Moose for the reply. I also like the impact series and wish Ka-bar would bring them back.

Bladefighter,

We have talked about bringing back the Impact series. Back when we intro'ed the series (1997-98 IIRC), it may have been a little too progressive for the typical KA-BAR buyer. 15 years latter, it may be better received. Same with the KA-BAR/Dozier Thorn.
We'll see.

Best Regards,

Paul Tsujimoto
Sr Eng
Prod Dev and Qual
KA-BAR Knives

Another vote for bringing back the Impact series. I kick myself for not getting one back in the day.

I rather liked the Impact series, just never got around to buying one. If they come back, I'd be interested in a non serrated clip point. The Tanto would be cool too.

seems pretty stabby and useful in certain areas

I really dug the streamlined designs for the Impacts as well. Especially the Impact warthog.

Bladefighter,

We have talked about bringing back the Impact series. Back when we intro'ed the series (1997-98 IIRC), it may have been a little too progressive for the typical KA-BAR buyer. 15 years latter, it may be better received. Same with the KA-BAR/Dozier Thorn.
We'll see.

Best Regards,

Paul Tsujimoto
Sr Eng
Prod Dev and Qual
KA-BAR Knives
Tactical blades are so in right now I bet people will eat these things up!

Bladefighter,

We'll see.

Best Regards,

Paul Tsujimoto
Sr Eng
Prod Dev and Qual
KA-BAR Knives

Do-It-Do-It1.jpg

Holy tits. I hadn't even heard of them. :eek:

I love the clip with micarta scales. I'd buy one. :p

I have the small spear point but kick myself for not picking up more.

One more vote for a comeback!!M
T

Back