In Development... [UPDATE: They're here!]

Update: They will be supplied with the scales flush with the tang. No other news to report just yet, but preorder isn't far away now. Also, this:

30440645_10215555894798918_5273528156479815680_n.jpg

30412574_10215555917759492_6325510275998941184_n.jpg

30515625_10215555937119976_5512071507683049472_n.jpg

The blade length and the bird's height are roughly equivalent in the picture, so given that the blade's 24" long, it's obviously a 2ft tall gargantuan kingfisher. :D
We have them here in Colorado. They snatch children out of lakes and swimming pools. They are matched only by the monster shrikes that impale dogs and cats on car antennas and T-posts.

Zieg

Here in Texas we have mosquitos roughly that size.....

No seriously, I read that in some Asian countries, Mosquito swarms can actually be lethal, causing death in the elderly and small children thru blood loss....

You'd have to be pretty close to death already I'd think for mosquitos to finish you off.... but having never been there, I won't doubt their word.

Still in for at least 2 with special sharp package on em.... keep us posted!

Here in Texas we have mosquitos roughly that size.....

No seriously, I read that in some Asian countries, Mosquito swarms can actually be lethal, causing death in the elderly and small children thru blood loss....

You'd have to be pretty close to death already I'd think for mosquitos to finish you off.... but having never been there, I won't doubt their word.

Still in for at least 2 with special sharp package on em.... keep us posted!

It's no bloody (heh) joke. The mosquito swarms in the interior of Alaska can not only drive you completely crazy, but if you lack protection they can take a unit of blood in a day. You can't replace it that fast, so it could be an issue if you had no countermeasures or no knowledge of how to avoid them. Looking forward to having a Kingfisher on the way

42blades-
Could you share anything about its dynamic balance? I.E., where is the forward pivot point corresponding to the crossguard/front of the first finger?

42blades-
Could you share anything about its dynamic balance? I.E., where is the forward pivot point corresponding to the crossguard/front of the first finger?

The center of gravity is 3.5" forward of the grip. Overall weight 1lb 12oz, 24" blade, end-to-end length 31".

The center of gravity is 3.5" forward of the grip. Overall weight 1lb 12oz, 24" blade, end-to-end length 31".
About the same as a short arming sword of the late Middle Ages, or a tad lighter. And against an armored foe, the point is sure to find all the chinks and gaps. I can't remember if you said already, but is it particularly stiff or does it flex?

Zieg

About 13"out, or more or less where the bottom of the partial back edge is.

Wow. Cool. It might be worth tuning it with a pommel weight then, to push the sweet spot out a little further, though it doesn't sound bad at all where it's at. Or maybe even push it all the way to the point if you want it handle more like a thruster. Hmmm....

On Sunday afternoon I took a walk in Dad's pasture with my daughter. There were a couple places where I had to chop some multiflora rose bushes so she wouldn't get hung up. A 24" blade sure would be nicer to keep the thorns further away from my hands. The stems are fairly hard, but thin, so they respond more to blade speed rather than weight/momentum. Maybe I'd have a good use for one of these anyway.

As-is it's quite fast in the hand and will both cut and thrust effectively for its intended context of use, but it's intended to be a solid foundation for customization. :)

Will it go through armor?
h0409.gif

;):D

Depends on the armor. The intended context of use is modern, meaning that you'd be most likely to see fabric "armor" in the form of things like cotton duck work jackets over hoodies or similar, and yes, the tip would punch right through that, though such garments turn a cut well.

Back