Inexpensive Slipjoints

I'm looking for some brands that make inexpensive slipjoints. I know of Rough Rider, but I'm just wondering if there is anymore out there. I'm looking to stay in that Rough Rider price range of $15 to $30. Thanks!

I really liked the Colt labels that were made by Rough Rider. And have many of both. But the name/logo license got pulled not too long ago. I'm sure there are still many around, but no longer in production.

There is also Frost (and so many sub brands made by them). But the samples I have are just a wee bit "rougher" than the many dozens of Rough Rider and Colts that I have and/or gifted away. Could just be my own impression.

Marble’s does a repro of the Camillus demo knife that is at least as good as the original. I also really like Marble’s take on the TL-29 electrician’s knife, with orange G10 scales.

If you want a relatively good slip joint, I would stay away from any of the brands that Frost Cutlery has made and distributes. They use lots of different brand names. They are consistently a cut below Rough Ryder. The Colt brand (same company as RR) are pretty much the same as Rough Ryder unless their is a pattern you prefer over what is available in the Rough Ryder line. Don't know anything about Marbles slip joints.

If I want inexpensive, I go Rough Ryder always.

Aitor made some slip joints. I have a Pequeya and a Mediana. Leaf shaped carbon steel blades with stainless liners and Bubinga scales made in Spain. Prices were on par with Opinel. I haven't seen them available here in the states for a while, though.

Victorinox. You can get a heck of a lot of knife in that price bracket.
I agree and carry a Vic SAK every day. I believe mine cost $20.

Buck was mentioned above. Somehow, Buck slip joints are mostly off my radar. I only own last year's traditional forum's knife that was made by Buck as far as a regular slip joint goes. Have a Buck 192 fixed blade and a couple 110's. Don't use the 110's as I think they are too heavy.

Cognet Douk-Douks can be that cheap. They are great knives. Super sharp when factory new and they hold the edge very well for a knife in that price category. I heard some people even pinch the scales with a stone when they need a fixed blade...

Back