1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! Live stream of the winners being picked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6xurJWkhs

Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!
  3. Hey folks! We were alerted to a bug where several hundred members somehow got permanent paid memberships. We're going through and correcting that now. Somehow some of you somehow got yeaaaaaaars of free memberships, and, well, it happens. If your membership accidentally is turned off please post in the Service & Support forum thread with your transaction ID and I'll fix it

Inkosi Insingo owners

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by Lord_Balkan, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Lord_Balkan

Lord_Balkan Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 25, 2016
    Hey, Inkosi Insingo owners, did you guys end up keeping your inkosi insingos or did you go back to the Sebenza insingo? And why?

2. marthinus

marthinus KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 10, 2006
    Still carry both. Did a recent refurbishment on my 21 so it still looks like new, so the Inkosi gets more pocket time now.

The Inkosi I have with the natural micarta though is more eye catching as the micarta gets so dark it looks like wood.

will have to wait and see what happens in the long run.

3. Redwood25

Redwood25 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2015
    Went a step farther and sold off all my sebenza. I just think the Inkosi is that much better.
    I don't keep knives I don't carry and use, so once the Inkosi's arrived (3 now), I didn't see any point in keeping the sebenza if I wasn't going to use the, last one went out yesterday.

4. VolGrad

VolGrad Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2010
    I kept both. I have considered selling the Inkosi Insingo simply because I prefer thinner blade stock and the fact I have a few favorite smalls. In the end though I can never bring myself to sell the Inkosingo.

It's actually in my pocket now.

Edit: After this post yesterday I started obsessing about my "collection" and decided I have so many awesome smalls and a Mnandi that I decided I'd likely let my Inkosingo go. That's what reading the Interwebs will do to you - make you make decisions on topics you weren't even thinking about. :D

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  5. nickj79

nickj79 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 21, 2016
    So what are your favorite "smalls"?

6. Lord_Balkan

Aug 25, 2016
    I am interested in this as well.

7. VolGrad

Oct 25, 2010
    IMG_5450.JPG

Sorry for the horrible picture but it's early and I'm trying to get the kids ready for school, lunches made, breakfast, etc.

Gabon Ebony Mnandi
    PJ Small Insingo with my initials engraved in my own handwriting
    Small Crosshatch
    Small Regular with Fizz and Melt mod (after market by Matt Cucchiara)

8. Lord_Balkan

Aug 25, 2016
    What made you prefer the small over the inkosi?

9. VolGrad

Oct 25, 2010
    Thinner blade stock. More fingers on the grip. Easier for me to open one handed based on hand/grip position.