Inkosi vs 25 blade edge

Guys that have had or have the clip point large Inkosi and 25....does the edge one of

them cut better and hold a sharp edge better than the other.

If you have or have had both which do you like better and why.

The Inkosi has less of a hollow grind than the 25. bhyde bhyde knows the difference in the size of wheels CRK uses.
So, the Inkosi leans toward a FFG more so than the 25 which will make it a better slicer.
In my experience of having both, I really don't see enough of a difference in cutting performance to tell a difference. But that's just me. I don't see a difference in edge holding to say one way or the other. For me, it just depends how hard it's used any given day. Hitting a hidden staple, copper, concrete, sand, cast iron can be rough on a newly sharpened edge and make them dull rather quickly. I've flattened and rolled edges on my CRK's, but I've yet to chip S35VN. Can't say that about other steel. Well, except for CPM154, haven't had any issues with it either.

Pretty much what Ajack60 Ajack60 has stated has been my experience. ~10" vs 20" hollow grind with the Inkosi having the 20".

What size wheel is used for the large 21? The 25 definitely has less hollow - more towards FFG - than the 21. I thought the 25 and the Inkosi are the same. I would have to search for videos of Chris discussing the larger wheel on the 25 - I seem to recall something about this.

The Inkosi has less of a hollow grind than the 25. bhyde bhyde knows the difference in the size of wheels CRK uses.
So, the Inkosi leans toward a FFG more so than the 25 which will make it a better slicer.
In my experience of having both, I really don't see enough of a difference in cutting performance to tell a difference. But that's just me. I don't see a difference in edge holding to say one way or the other. For me, it just depends how hard it's used any given day. Hitting a hidden staple, copper, concrete, sand, cast iron can be rough on a newly sharpened edge and make them dull rather quickly. I've flattened and rolled edges on my CRK's, but I've yet to chip S35VN. Can't say that about other steel. Well, except for CPM154, haven't had any issues with it either.

I think you meant to say the Sebenza 25 has less of hollow grind and tends to be closer to a FFG than the inkosi. At least in my experiences the inkosi grind definitely has some more "hollow" to it. I agree not much of a difference I can tell in cutting. Maybe after the course of their lifetimes and sharpenings? but not there yet.

Great pictures in here for reference in the thread below!!
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/grind-profiles-21-25-large-small-inkosi-ti-lock-insingo.1410052/

My 25 (May 2013) has a little more hollow than the 25 in that link, but less than the Inkosi in that link (closer to the 25). New/old grinding wheels might have made that difference, but only CRK knows the answer. My small Inkosi has more hollow than my 25. I don't have a large Inkosi.

ETA small Inkosi

Last edited:
I think you meant to say the Sebenza 25 has less of hollow grind and tends to be closer to a FFG than the inkosi. At least in my experiences the inkosi grind definitely has some more "hollow" to it. I agree not much of a difference I can tell in cutting. Maybe after the course of their lifetimes and sharpenings? but not there yet.

Great pictures in here for reference in the thread below!!
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/grind-profiles-21-25-large-small-inkosi-ti-lock-insingo.1410052/

This is what I thought too. I remember Chris moved to the large hollow grind on the 25 but response was it was too thick, so he went to a more hollow grind on the Inkosi.

Now with a large Inkosi in hand, I can say, at least for the samples I have (1 each), the Inkosi definitely has more hollow than the Sebenza 25. Both have a similar edge thickness, 0.020" (Inkosi)-0.021" (Seb 25), thickening toward the tip. It is the edge thickness that really makes the difference in cutting.

Back