• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

*SOLD* Introducing The Clulu in CPM S35VN and Canvas Micarta

Robert Erickson

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hi all,
Sometimes what comes off the bench went on to the bench as something very different. This beauty started off life as a hidden tang Chinese cleaver. The tang decided to divorce itself from the blade and I just couldn't throw away this beautiful piece of steel. It sat on my bench for a few months until the other day when I happen to notice that it looked very much like an Alaskan Ulu. So it was that the Clulu was born.

It's S35VN at RC61 that's ground thin behind the edge and slices incredibly. The handle is sturdy Canvas micarta. I've been giving it a trial run in the kitchen and I love it. I've never used an Ulu before but I'm a true believer now. The steel was heat treated by Peter's as it's too wide for my liquid nitrogen tank. Because it's a one off I'm offering it at a discounted price.

SPECS:
BLADE: 185mm (7.25") long, 100mm (4") high. It has been scotchbelt finished . The grind is hybrid full flat/convex which is down to 0.008" before sharpening.
STEEL: 2.5mm (0.098") CPM S35VN stainless steel heat treated by Peter's Heat Treating to RC61.
HANDLE: Hybrid black and natural canvas micarta with black micarta pins.

Price: $SOLD Shipped USPS in the CONUS

international buyers welcome, shipping extra.
Paypal, checks or money orders accepted.
Post "I'll take it" here in this thread and then PM or email me for arrangements.
Comments/Questions/Critiques welcome.
Thanks for looking!

Kgn2bBtl.jpg

vPzUHKcl.jpg

wQCWycfl.jpg

4EhRsJRl.jpg

Last edited:
Back