It happened again....when SuperMods go rogue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kohai999

Second Degree Cutter
First there was this fiasco that resulted in one respected Forumite banned, and Spark shutting the thread down.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...y-is-it-ok-(actions-of-particular-moderators)

Now we have this:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1133345-The-virtues-of-informed-criticism

1. SuperMod comes in to a relatively quiet thread and starts taking on all comers, includes threat to shut down thread and hands out some infractions.

2. OP takes offense, and basically says he feels unwelcome and is considering not renewing Premium paid membership, SuperMod says, “your decision”….way to keep the money coming in. Attitude baby, it’s all in the attitude.

3. SuperMod POSTS to thread that has been locked, so he can get his last digs in.

This is a sham….it’s unnecessary, it’s unprofessional, it DOES NOTHING for BladeForums or the Custom Knife Community except feed dissent.

Have at it.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Last edited:
I just want to confirm that Karda, in fact re-opened my thread to insert his last comments.

Those who moderate best, moderate the least.

After reviewing the thread, I am unsure if Karda was simply being a terrible Moderator or a terrificly boring Troll.

In any event, he was highly successful in blending together unpleasant elements of both.

Just one man's opinion. Happy Holidays to all!

Yep, I can confirm he re-opened the thread, posted, and closed it again. I just don't understand his motivation. It was a dead thread.

I really found it odd that a mod who was supposedly participating in a thread as a member would engage in banter and tHan open up a thread closed by the OP to have a last go

Pretty weak IMHO

Yes, this is how, the "relatively quiet" thread started:

So it's not all about "Atta Boy's" and back slapping? :D

The most travelled knife forums today all seem to suffer from "If you don't like it keep it to yourself" syndrome. It was particularly discouraging to see on one of the forums, when a poster asked "Which knife brand NOT to buy?" a moderator actually edited comments out of several posts and stated:

"As a super Moderator here and as a Knifemaker I would like to try to confine this to Brands that we Would Recommend and not engage in any Bad Mouthing of any knife companies.

I am going to edit the posts above to reflect this goal."

Wow...just wow.

-Michael

I encountered a similar situation on a forum I now frequent much less than before. A "super-moderator" responded to a three-year-old thread, in which I had last posted, then after one exchange of a non-challenging nature, chose to close the thread because "As I feel everyone has had a chance to voice their opinion, I will close this thread." Which kinda left little room for further discussion, haha.

I felt the same way as you

Wow - just wow.

Great thread, Peter, stem to stern. I thoroughly enjoyed all the give and take of opinion and enlightened disagreement. Too bad we don't see the atmosphere of many forums allowing it much.

The thread started basically as a troll thread, inviting others to troll. I felt an in thread warning was sufficient for the thread to continue, and it was. Some meaningful discussion did end up happening. Perhaps it would have been better if I had just issued infractions and/or closed the thread.

For the record, I at no time, re-opened the thread after it was closed. It remained closed, and will remain closed now.

For the record, you Sir are a liar.

Gently please.

As it is, mods can post in a thread even if it is closed. The "plank log" in the Tech Support forum is a good example. That thread is always closed but it's updated regularly without being opened.

Gently please.

As it is, mods can post in a thread even if it is closed.

Jason.....Karda can't decide if he is a Moderator or just a regular Forumite....it is all there in the link I posted up.....and Karda just DID get caught in a lie, technically....the date stamps are clear. If he didn't reopen the thread, he should have left it alone.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

For the record, you Sir are a liar.

Some bulletin board software allows moderators or other "super users" to reply to threads after they have been "closed."

So, perhaps he didn't need to re-open it to make the last reply. Just sayin.

edit: too late, others beat me to it :D

I never said I didn't post there. I only stated that I did not reopen the thread, which I did not.

Could it be that some of you posting that you saw me do so, are lying yourselves?
Naw, that couldn't be true, could it?

Some bulletin board software allows moderators or other "super users" to reply to threads after they have been "closed."

So, perhaps he didn't need to re-open it to make the last reply. Just sayin.

The net result is the same. I stand by my statement.

The moderating in the recent thread by Karda has not been very productive or helpful. Many long time forum subscribers have related that they will not renew their membership. That is not a good thing as many of these folks are the very ones who buy the knives that dues paying knife makers produce.

I have not sold a knife or anything on bf.com since 4/2006. I frequently purchase knives from the makers here. I have maintained my membership since it was first offered simply because I enjoy the custom knife and bernard levine forums. If the custom forum becomes stagnant I will probably not renew.

I am not part of the "collecting clique" here. I find the discussions more interesting than other sites because it is more spirited and informative. The forum could benefit from a little gentle moderation though. The listed moderators have not posted in years. It may be time to appoint some new ones.

Having just read both of those threads, all I can see is a few people bashing a mod. Karda is doing nothing wrong as far as I can tell, and I'm actually pretty impressed with how he handles himself when being attacked by more than one person. Do you know what that shows? Composure. It's something that everyone here has completely lost in both threads repeatedly when contending with the same circumstances. You complain about a "mob of mods" while at the same time doing *nothing* to distinguish yourselves from a mob. You avoid reason and resort to mocking, and you defy anyone who disagrees with you.
I'm using the term "you" pretty loosely, because the people who are doing it are only fooling themselves if they're trying to think this addresses anyone other than them. I've seen the same names repeated over and over again, and it's a wonder to me that with the open defiance that's been shown, the mocking and abrasive tones that have been taken up, and the severe delusion of invincibility being displayed that the moderators haven't banned every one of you already.
You're all drinking poison and expecting it to kill your (perceived) enemy. It would be laughable if it weren't so tragic.
Karda- you have more patience than I would have had in your position thus far.
The rest of you-smh...I don't even know what else to say. Grow up.

Having just read both of those threads, all I can see is a few people bashing a mod. Karda is doing nothing wrong as far as I can tell, and I'm actually pretty impressed with how he handles himself when being attacked by more than one person. Do you know what that shows? Composure. It's something that everyone here has completely lost in both threads repeatedly when contending with the same circumstances. You complain about a "mob of mods" while at the same time doing *nothing* to distinguish yourselves from a mob. You avoid reason and resort to mocking, and you defy anyone who disagrees with you.
I'm using the term "you" pretty loosely, because the people who are doing it are only fooling themselves if they're trying to think this addresses anyone other than them. I've seen the same names repeated over and over again, and it's a wonder to me that with the open defiance that's been shown, the mocking and abrasive tones that have been taken up, and the severe delusion of invincibility being displayed that the moderators haven't banned every one of you already.
You're all drinking poison and expecting it to kill your (perceived) enemy. It would be laughable if it weren't so tragic.
Karda- you have more patience than I would have had in your position thus far.
The rest of you-smh...I don't even know what else to say. Grow up.
well said. it seems that some people (think) can do as they please and when they get caught they get butt hurt. they should be glad they dont get dinged for what they did. kohai posted several 4 letter words then mocked karda when he dinged him for it. if it was me, he would have been dinged for mod sass too. i think kohai needs to be put on a leash.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...y-is-it-ok-(actions-of-particular-moderators) les got banned in this thread, maybe spark should have made it a double and this thread would have not been necessary.

Last edited:
well said. it seems that some people (think) can do as they please and when they get caught they get butt hurt. they should be glad they dont get dinged for what they did. kohai posted several 4 letter words then mocked karda when he dinged him for it. if it was me, he would have been dinged for mod sass too. i think kohai needs to be put on a leash.

Hey Richard:

1. You don't know what you are talking about.
2. I got your leash hangin', buddy. You are letting your personal feelings about some things that you have a barely passable knowledge of pass for actual knowledge.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Hey Richard:

1. You don't know what you are talking about.
2. I got your leash hangin', buddy. You are letting your personal feelings about some things that you have a barely passable knowledge of pass for actual knowledge.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Pot_Meet_Kettle.jpg

True colors are showing, Al....you are mocking me....boo hoo....I'm butthurt.

There are not too many instances where I have gone after you directly on BFC....I have gotten a couple PM's from Forumites that show your participation on Customs and Handmades is directly linked to things I have posted there, and that the result is the same just about every time.

Are you a SuperMod or are you a regular Forumite on Customs and Handmades, and if you are a regular Forumite, what contributions do you have to make to Customs and Handmades?

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back