1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's Official - I'm a Fan!

Discussion in 'AA Forge Knives' started by LostViking, Nov 1, 2018.

1. LostViking

LostViking Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2009
    And I don't even own one yet.

Funny how sometimes things just hit you like a sack of bricks.

I have always admired Adam and his talents. He brings an exquisite level of work to his knives. But until last night. I was always able to contain my desire.

I popped in here as I often do, and looked around a bit. Then I clicked on the link at the top and was taken tho the AA Forge website.

There in the AvailableKnives section was a Kephart.
    Not just any Kephart mind you. No sir, it was sitting there all dressed up in Evergreen Micarta, with white spacers and white liners. Oh My!

It was love at first sight. I just sat and cycled through the pictures. It seemd the perfect blade for my woodsy endeavors. Beautiful sure, but constructed of 80CRV2, with a nice convex grind.

All the boxes were ticked.
    It just screamed, "Viking this could be your ultimate camp knife"
    So much so, that I even sent Adam a message on his website, telling him how impressed I was with it.

As a precaution against impulse buys. I decided to sleep on it, and revisit it this morning. To see if the magic was still there.

This morning at 05:00, I came bounding down the stairs like a kid on Christmas morning. I had done my due dilligence as an adult.

I knew the magic was alive and well because I spent half the night thinking of all the fun projects we could do together. Both awake and in my dreams

I grabbed my Ipad and headed directly to the AA Forge Available Knives Page. It was right then and there, that my ship full of hopes and dreams was dashed on the rocky shores of reality.

It was gone!

Apparently someone else did not feel the need to sleep on it. Like staring at a lump of coal on Christmas morning, I was devastated. So much so I even clicked off and rebooted the site to see if it was some cyber malfunction. Surely "My Knife" was still availabe. Must be some internet glitch.

But it was not to be. And as an adult, I am not devastated. In reality, it is just a knife. I am certainly disappointed. But I think devastated is an overreach. Though the internal kid in me did jump up and down a few times, screaming No, No!

Even though I didn't snag that one the hook was set. I now 100% know, there will be an AA Forge knife in my future.

As the whole emotional rollercoaster wears off. I have to say.
    That Kephart is a very practical looking all purpose camp blade. 4.5" is a great all around size blade. .125" is thick enough to be plenty strong, yet thin enough to be a slicer. Especially with a convex grind.

Couple those atributes with 80CRV and a nice neutral handle shape and it all adds up to a winner in my mind.

My most sincere congratulations to whoever it was that scored this beauty. It should make you a lifetime companion. Just a stunning piece of functional art.

As for me?
    I guess I will head to the woods later in the day, and see if I can at least get a fire going with this lump of coal in my lap. Lemonade from lemons and all that nonsense!

Beautiful knife Adam,
    LV

AA Forge likes this.
  2. lmalterna

lmalterna Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2002
    LV,
    Not sure if you are on the mailing list yet or not but there is a batch coming up on the page tomorrow at noon.
    Adam's knives are a work of functional art for sure.

Bill

sharp thoughts, AA Forge and Tekton like this.
  3. LostViking

Jan 1, 2009
    Bill thanks for the heads up.

I signed up yesterday! And got the email earlier today.

AA Forge likes this.
  4. Apocryphiliac

Apocryphiliac Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2017
    Er, this one?

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/aa-forge-trade-blanket-wtb-wts-wtt.1576715/page-3#post-18538579

LostViking, cbach8tw and ajvail18 like this.
  5. LostViking

Jan 1, 2009
  6. Apocryphiliac

Apocryphiliac Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2017
    I have a kephart by Adam and frankly, it is awesome. Just saying! ;)