1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Izula II alternate carry

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by timbit, Jan 17, 2013.

1. timbit

timbit

Jul 21, 2011
    How do you guys carry an izula II?
    [​IMG]

ALSO:
    Anyone else been not impressed with the edge that came on their Izula II? Mine was sharp, but wouldn't push cut phonebook paper. Is that too much to expect with a factory edge?

2. M1DNY73

M1DNY73

Sep 1, 2012
    The Izula has always been a little awkward for me to carry so I'd love to see some suggestions as well. On a side note I was very pleased with the factory edge on mine, sharp enough to shave with.

3. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    This is my carry method.It is not a Izulla ,it is a BK14 but hey it is the same handle:D.I find this method of carry is the most comfortable for me.I used a Ti split ring and a S clip.
    [​IMG][/url][/IMG]

4. Moxy

Moxy Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2011
    A cheese grater... seriously?

5. jkwithawave

jkwithawave ..... Platinum Member

Sep 8, 2011
    When in Rome....

Flatblackcapo, that's the first I've seen the keychain dangle carry.

6. timbit

timbit

Jul 21, 2011
    There has got to be a story here. A cheese, grater, a set of keys, some manner of nut-driver. What else you got going there? What do you use the grater for? Is it on your beaner for a lark?

7. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    Self defense:D

8. timbit

timbit

Jul 21, 2011
    BACK OFF MAN!!Don't MAKE ME GRATE your KNUCKLES.

9. alterview

alterview

Oct 12, 2012
    Spoke wrench?! Really?!

Know what a spoke wrench is, actually should let you know that I might be found to carry one when sporting a bike.

10. timbit

timbit

Jul 21, 2011
    AH! Thanks for refreshing my memory. I haven't used a spoke wrench in ages.

11. timberweasel

timberweasel

Jan 5, 2011
    Mine came with a screamin' sharp edge, so no issues there. This is how I like to carry my Izula 2:

[​IMG]

12. HoosierQ

HoosierQ

Feb 9, 2010
    Tactical...tacticool...cheese grater. NICE!

13. BladeScout

BladeScout Basic Member Basic Member

May 16, 2010
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. bobnery

bobnery

Mar 16, 2008
    push cut phone book paper? Really? Why do we "need" to do that? I know we do but for what real purpose. All my ESEE knives have always come with a great working edge so no complaints, here's how I generally carry Izulas

[​IMG]

15. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    I tweaked my stock sheath with a clip so I can pocket carry it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Paul

16. flatblackcapo

Mar 25, 2012
    Did you make that clip set up ? looks great I would like to give that a try for a more discreet carry option.

And a quick note on the cheese grater.That is my gentleman grater,if it was tactical it would be DLC coated:D

17. big wes

big wes

Mar 30, 2010
    Mine was sharp enough to make me get 3 stitches in my index finger when I first got it while tightening para-cord on it. Ouch!

18. bobnery

bobnery

Mar 16, 2008

yes details please

19. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
  20. flatblackcapo

Mar 25, 2012
    Thanks Paul ! How has that adhisive on the clip held up over the years?