1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

JAB Potbelly Hand Strap

Discussion in 'KA-BAR Knives' started by C_Tanner, May 3, 2012.

1. C_Tanner

C_Tanner

Feb 21, 2011
    Figured out something that I think works well with the JAB Potbelly. Took a rubber hand strap that came with one of my 4Sevens flashlights and put it on the handle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BRL

BRL Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Damn that is a really good idea

3. Kabarcamper

Kabarcamper

Dec 31, 2011
    Are those handles available to purchase or only available with the flashlight?

4. Moosez45

Moosez45 Custom Antlers, Factory Knives... Moderator

Jul 14, 2010
    Oh, now that is cool.

Moose

5. C_Tanner

C_Tanner

Feb 21, 2011
  6. C_Tanner

C_Tanner

Feb 21, 2011
    It's a little long, so you have to double one of the ends back on itself.

7. Sabong1

Sabong1

Mar 29, 2012
    You sir are McGyver! That looks like a really snug fit that will help with the grip. Does it work better than a lanyard?

8. C_Tanner

C_Tanner

Feb 21, 2011
    As long as you aren't trying to just grip the bottom. I took it off because I didn't like how it looked, but stuffed it in the sheath pouch. Would come in handy doing a lot of chopping. I can imagine hand fatigue becoming an issue. Last time I tried to do some serious chopping with a SOG Tactical Tomahawk, I thought my hand was going to die and fall off.

9. Kabarcamper

Kabarcamper

Dec 31, 2011
    Is there any way you could do a vid on that thing chopping and doing a little fine work .... I saw the vid clich did for you but I really wanna see some more of this beast on vid. Pretty please.....haha I really want one of those PB's

10. C_Tanner

C_Tanner

Feb 21, 2011
    I'll probably wait till my turn comes up in the Brute passaround. I'll probably have a Machax by then, so it will be a BK9, JAB PB, BK1 Brute, BK4 Chop-a-thon.

BTW Kabarcamper. Upgrade your bladeforums membership! At least the $10 Basic one. Then maybe people could actually contact you when you win a GAW for a cliched BK11!!!

11. Kabarcamper

Kabarcamper

Dec 31, 2011
    Wait what? I plan on it next check. That chopathon sounds sweet BTW