Jerry Hossom Millennium Black Fighter 8”

After 10 weeks or so - it arrived yesterday (intl. order and all)

It can be seen here: (middle of page)

http://www.hossom.com/page4.html

Lets start with the bottom line: this is the best fighter for the money, bar bone.

I had a short discussion with Jerry before I chose which way to go and he was very helpful and detailed in his recommendations –and they were all to the point and based on his immense experience.

Now for the knife – 8” of brush-finished VERY SHARP CPM-3V– Black Canvas Micarta handle with beautiful pins holding it together. This steel is considered by many as one of the best steels for a fighter – as it is one of the strongest– which allows for a very low weight and thus extreme speeds.

The blade – like most of Jerry’s designs - is single edged – and this is because Jerry wants the knife to be as light as possible – and double edge knives need more “substance” in the spine – to be strong enough to support both blades – hence adding to the overall weight of the knife and reducing the speed in which it can be moved.

The resulting weight is truly exceptional and it adds to the confidence one builds immediately after taking the knife into the hand.

The blade geometry is very aggressive and adds to the amazing cutting and slashing ability of this knife. I was holding a piece of paper suspended from one hand – and just cut pieces off of it with a light tapping motion with my knife hand. – Very impressive.

The sheath I got was made by Mat Draper – concealex covered by leather – and is amazingly secure yet allows for a fast and effortless draw.

At 400$ - this is by far the best fighter for the money out there, And return time isn’t bad at all.

If you don’t own anything by Jerry – make sure you give him a try – he IS one of the best out there.

Jerry asked me to clarify one thing - the knife was made from a ready blade he had in his shop - so it took only 10 weeks - otherwise -expect to wait a few months. It is well worth it though..

[This message has been edited by Blilious (edited 04-20-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Blilious (edited 04-20-2001).]

It looks great. Nice clean lines. Enjoy it!
smile.gif

Congratulations on your new toy. I have a 6 1/2 " version on order. Its going to be a few months before I get mine. I agree that Jerry's knives are a great value. I like dealing with Jerry who is very knowledgeable & is a personable person. Compared to other makers, Jerry has a damn good customer service. There are makers who I will never order anything from because their customer service s*cks.

------------------
Ed Woo

Can't overstate Jerry's 3v fighters. They are light, fast and tough. I have a number of bowies I like but the Millenium Bowie is the one on the night table next to my bed. What more can I say.

sing
AKTI #A000356

Sing said it all. I have a number of custom fighters and bowies, but the two that sleep next to me are my Hossom Bowie and my Hossom Challenger.

Congratulations, Blilious
smile.gif
. Enjoy it.

Mario

------------------
Gaucho

Tuvo muy mala suerte...se callo en mi cuchillo.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Yep - this one was orderded and meant for the night-drawer - right next to my Para P-14, 3 spare magazines, expandable button and surefire P-6....

Sorry about that Jake..but the CS R-1 is going to the display case...

Matt,

I was born in Jerusalem - and as much as you like to ignore it - the knife arrived to the CENTER of the world...
wink.gif

Thanks for the holster - it makes the knife all but disappear...

What can I say? You're living my dreams. Guess you better color me green!

Congratulations on getting such a wonderful knife! Like you, I think it is the best available at that price range, and quite a bit more.

------------------
Asi es la vida

Bugs

whenever a new collector gets a Hossom blade I am at tears.. oh tey're so wonder ful arent they?! >_< sniffle sniffle.. OH I am so overcome with emotion.. I canot tell you how uch I am in love with mine.. I woudl use it if the world was ending..

oh and waxy - your homepage is outdated
smile.gif

http://www.hossom.com/matt/

------------------
URBAN.LEGENDS.(BalisongGARBAGE)
ENGEL.DESIGN.ROOM
[FAKE01].[the mirror site](www.rejectionist.com)
Knives.I.Want
If you play with love you will be heartbroken; if you play with knives you will [bleed]

Sniperboy - you really got me there, sniff sniff...my eyes are watering...

Bug3X - thanks for the kind words...live your own dreams - they are not that expensive...

And an update - yesterday I made some modifications to my night-drawer - now the cord (which is attached to the end of the sheath) is suspended from a hook I connected to the far end of the drawer - this way I can pull the knife out of the sheath and the drawer in one swift motion...cool

[This message has been edited by Blilious (edited 04-22-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Blilious (edited 04-22-2001).]

Now that's the kinda thinkin' I like
smile.gif

Mario

------------------
Gaucho

Tuvo muy mala suerte...se callo en mi cuchillo.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gaucho:
Now that's the kinda thinkin' I like
smile.gif

Mario

</font>

You should see this drawer- you can arm a whole army with what I got there...
wink.gif

now, only if I could find a way to wake up...

well B, if you get more of Hossom's blades do share.. I am sure people are sick of hearing me rave abotu mine.. nothign beats using them though if you get a chance a hossom is not worth keeping nib =). 3v is an excellent choice.. out of all my blades.. it is coincidental that my hossom 3v blades are the sharpest.. in my opinion anyways..

I have yet to get a fighter (heresy) but one day..

And Sing is a gentleman of good taste - he has always impressed me from the beginning so if he likes Hossoms then it's the end of the story.

------------------
URBAN.LEGENDS.(BalisongGARBAGE)
ENGEL.DESIGN.ROOM
[FAKE01].[the mirror site](www.rejectionist.com)
Knives.I.Want
If you play with love you will be heartbroken; if you play with knives you will [bleed]

Blilious--Your fortunes are mounting, without doubt. I have a silver-maple handled brother to yours in 3V, which is among my favorites. I'm not a knife fighter, but the balance and ergonomics of this knife, together with Jerry's "boat tail" razor/convex edge, make it a piece of artwork I'll not soon part with.
Congratulations!!!

I can only hope, in view of the difficulties in your region, that you are not put in the position of reporting first-hand on the finer points of wielding this knife as it was designed to be used. Let us pray that Yeats' predictions for the millenium fail, and that the center of the world, as you describe it, can in fact hold.

-w

After recieving this beauty - I have no doubt I will HAVE to get some more of Jerry's work...

I have this strange feeling that the quality of the work has an addicting factor to it...

As for using the knife in real life - if I ever have to use it - it means I had run out of ammo - and I seriously dounbt I will be able to report it here...
smile.gif

York - thanks for the kind words- we keep our fingers lightly crossed (light enough so as to allow quick access to our weapons...
wink.gif

Back