Just bought 3 CRKs and 2 Lionsteels. My wallet hates me... overtime here I come!

Last week I ordered a large and small Inkosi each with insingo blades and black micarta inlays. Yesterday, I finally pulled the trigger on the two lionsteels that I've been wanting, the SR11 and SR22 both in bronze anodized Ti. Tonight, I saw that the BladeHQ exclusive Sebenza with carbon fiber inlays and polished Ti and a Tanto blade was in stock and I was cursing my decision to buy the Inkosis, but I still couldn't click, buy fast enough. So that's on it's way as well. Ugh, no more knives for me until the holidays... now I'm going to need some solid overtime hours to fix the hole in my bank account... Why o why did ever get into knives?

Pictures when your (starter set of) knives arrives or it didn't happen.

Do you buy and sell the ones you do not connect with, or do you buy and keep?

We have seen your future. ;)

View attachment 919262

Well, that's one hell of a way to $18000 on a table!

Do you buy and sell the ones you do not connect with, or do you buy and keep?

Yes, using, carrying and sharpening my knives is what brings me joy. So I usually dont keep the ones I dont carry or use. And fear not, I have a Galaxy S9+ Camera and I'm not afraid to use it! Pics will be forthcoming.

Well, that's one hell of a way to $18000 on a table!

Yes, using, carrying and sharpening my knives is what brings me joy. So I usually dont keep the ones I dont carry or use. And fear not, I have a Galaxy S9+ Camera and I'm not afraid to use it! Pics will be forthcoming.

A quick count shows that's about 1/5th or her CRK collection, there's quite a few folks in here with some awe inspiring collections.

Challenge Accepted
8rr2LK2.jpg

d3MR4yx.jpg

I have freakishly large hands, so buying the small Inkosi Insingo might not have seemed like a good idea. Its turned out to be good though. With smaller knives I tend to pinch the pivot with the side of my forefinger and the pad of my thumb and then rest the last three fingers on the underside of the handle just like I do with a chef knife. This might be a holdover from my years in professional kitchens, but it works really well. As far as the knife goes, provided you dont have a problem with the size of the knife, there is as little to complain about with the small version as there is with the large. It's a perfect scaled down clone. The only other thing I would add is that I've changed out the lanyard on it for one of my own which is a little longer, made of snakeknots with a bead and a false turks' head endknot. That makes the small Inkosi a lot more grab-able than it is in its factory trim. Here is a picture of the same type of lanyard on a different knife in green type II paracord. The one I put on my Inkosis is gray type II paracord with the same bead and endknot.
5oj6MGr.jpg

"My wallet hates me..." Better not tell your wife or it might be worse than just the wallet!

Im on the same boat. Decided to buy a Small Insingo Inkosi 2 weeks ago. I kept looking at other CRKs and 2 days after that i ordered a Mnandi. Then 2 days ago, some leftover knives from Blade where on the webstore at CRK webpage and HAD to buy a small Insingo with Damasteel, I mean, i didnt need it, but i HAD to. Now im about to buy a Small Sebenza with bog oak because......well because you gotta have a sebenza.

My wallet is suffering too.

For me, the 3 CRKs and 2 LionSteels were the result of about a year and a half of buying, selling, and horse-trading up to build the value of my collection on a few hundred bucks of seed money. So Its not like I just burned a whole bunch of money, but it sure feels that way. Oh, BTW, my wife knew whom she married. So far, she's gotten a Rike Knife Damasteel green hummingbird, a Spyderco Dragonfly 2 and a Benchmade Valet out of my horsetrading ways. The danger is that she might want a CRK now that she's seen mine.

Back