Just bought my second Emerson: Folding Steak Knife!

King of the Cheese

Stillborn!
Just bought the “folding steak knife”. I heard a lot of people badmouthing the brand but they also have a lot of hardcore fans and so I decided to give them a shot, and my first Emerson was the cqc-17. There is just something rugged and tool-like about them. I’ve been prying A little with it, busting through zip ties, and no issues. They feel like the sort of knives you can beat up and not worry about.

After watching a video where Mr. Emerson said he was daily carrying the folding steak knife, I took one look and had to get it. Anyone here have the folding steak knife? What are your thoughts?

I have had mine for a little over six months now.

I ordered it with the richlite scales. With those scales, it's honestly a bit overpriced to me. The G10 scale price is a good price.

The knife is great. I own three Emersons and this is the best built on yet. Though my other two are over ten years old.

For actual steak cutting, the chisel edge isn't the best, but it gets the job done. You kind of learn to manipulate how the blade tracks. The main issue with this is that Emerson grinds his blades for a left hand. So blade wants to hook in, instead of out. It does not make for material easily falling away from the blade. Honestly, not the biggest deal, but it is a thing.

I hope you are a fan of sharpening. The first hit of that blade on a ceramic plate hurts.

I think the best thing I like about the knife is how versatile it is. I daily carry a food knife and a work knife. But the Emerson Steak Knife could easily pull double duty if it needed to.

I will say, don't get attached to the blade etching. It started fading after one hand-wash. After about three washed, it does not even read "Steak Knife" anymore.

Despite the negatives, it is still a great knife. Expect some compliments from servers.

I have had mine for a little over six months now.

I ordered it with the richlite scales. With those scales, it's honestly a bit overpriced to me. The G10 scale price is a good price.

The knife is great. I own three Emersons and this is the best built on yet. Though my other two are over ten years old.

For actual steak cutting, the chisel edge isn't the best, but it gets the job done. You kind of learn to manipulate how the blade tracks. The main issue with this is that Emerson grinds his blades for a left hand. So blade wants to hook in, instead of out. It does not make for material easily falling away from the blade. Honestly, not the biggest deal, but it is a thing.

I hope you are a fan of sharpening. The first hit of that blade on a ceramic plate hurts.

I think the best thing I like about the knife is how versatile it is. I daily carry a food knife and a work knife. But the Emerson Steak Knife could easily pull double duty if it needed to.

I will say, don't get attached to the blade etching. It started fading after one hand-wash. After about three washed, it does not even read "Steak Knife" anymore.

Despite the negatives, it is still a great knife. Expect some compliments from servers.
I’ll probably cut more boxes than steak, I really got it for the looks. I did get the richlite, the looks intrigued me. How has it stacked up against your other Emerson’s in EDC tasks?

The richlite is fantastic and looks really cool. Almost like a wood. It also has a really nice smooth texture. It is essentially paper micarta.

My other two Emersons are a Commander and a CQC-11. I prefer the Steak Knife by far. Such a classic blade shape that does well at any task. Plus I don't have to deal with sharpening the re-curve.

The Steak Knife is my "classy" Emerson that is just as tough as any other knife. It is a joy to use and admire. Overall, I am very glad I grabbed one.

Back