Just Got My First... SEBENZA !!!!!

Eric Isaacson

Pirate
Just wanted to thank everyone on this forum. I have been lurking for a couple of months reading all the posts and couldn't resist. I just got my first Sebenza-Large. I've only had it about 15 mins. and I can't put it down. What a great knife. Just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate this forum and all the info I have picked up. And an especially large Thank you to the Reeve family for such a great product.
Eric

------------------
Outside of a dog, a Knife is man's best friend. Inside a dog it is very, very Dark.

biggrin.gif
Congrats!....Its a great feeling isnt it? I just got my plain large just over a month ago and I still havent put mine down either.

I did order the clip insert and just put it on this week...Looks nice! I also got the new shorter screw for it that does not protrude into the handle.

Note: Before I got the new screw I modified the one that came with it. I used the gray stone from my Sharpmaker and while holding the screw with the allen wrench i filed it down free hand to fit the way the new ones do. It is VERY easy to do and doesnt look any different than if you order one.

------------------
~Keith~
"War to the knife and knife to the hilt"

Always good to read testimonials from new owners.
A lot of us "can't put them down".
Congrats
biggrin.gif

Kdarmy, thanks for the "tip" tip.
cool.gif

I cant wait to recieve my 1st Sebenza. It was posted to me on the 24th and Im really excited. I've got to the point where im getting up really early waiting for it to arrive.

JD

I have to agree with the above. I've had my small plain for about 6 weeks now and I probably pull it out of my pocket 6 or 7 times a day just to open it, look at it, and close it.
I would love to have a large to compliment it, but not sure I want to spend $325 just to gain another 5/8" of blade and handle. The small is perfect for everyday carry.
BTW, what's a clip insert?

Greg, a clip insert is a thin slice of titanium, bead blasted to match the handle. It is for those who don't like pocket clips. It sits in the recessed cutout where the pocket clip is. Comes with the screw for $20 from CRK. Great if you want to have a custom horizontal carry leather sheath made, by noneother than Gary Graley, of course! Anything less, would be uncivilized!

eaisaacs, congrats as well! The Sebenzas are well worth the wait and dollars, IMHO that is. One down, two to go? (small and Umfaan)

Superman, I've opted not to get the little filler piece as it's on the palm side when I hold the knife and out of sight out of mind so I just didn't bother to get it, and thanks for the plug, of all the knives I make sheaths for I find that Sebenzas really lend themselves well and fit nicely.

G2

------------------
"The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions!"
Take the time to read your Bible Now, don't be left behind...

G2 LeatherWorks

hey eric, congrats on your sebbie.you will never look back. you're probably wondering about now how you managed to live without one this long! which reeve do you plan on next??

hey eric, congrats on your sebbie.you will never look back. you're probably wondering about now how you managed to live without one this long! which reeve do you plan on next?? russ aka bladezealot

Congrats! IMHO, it's the best buy out there. I say definitely shell out the $325 for the Large Sebenza. I carry the small daily also, but can't wait for the weekends to carry the truly bulletproof Large model. Carry on. leo g.

Back