Stagalicious! Just Stag !!

Good to see you again Anthony. Good stuff.
Greg

orig.jpg

s-k...that Harrison Bros Pruner...WOW!!, Just a stunning, beautifull knife.

For me looking through the forum here, and at the most spectacular knives that are on show....makes me realise - ( especially when looking at Elliots links :)thumbup: )..Charlies, Campbells..hell..everybodys' ) that there is a level to knife collecting that I probably will never get to, but...it in a way, it makes it more exciting...because looking at these knives, and the aim to hopefully own just one like it...is a great thought, and inspiring.
Fantastic knives guys...awesome viewing. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edit; Greg, I agree.... it is great to see Anthony back, and what a return...just check out that fighter!!!

For me looking through the forum here, and at the most spectacular knives that are on show....makes me realise - ( especially when looking at Elliots links :)thumbup: )..Charlies, Campbells..hell..everybodys' ) that there is a level to knife collecting that I probably will never get to, but...it in a way, it makes it more exciting...because looking at these knives, and the aim to hopefully own just one like it...is a great thought, and inspiring.
Fantastic knives guys...awesome viewing. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Duncan, I think all of us have been in this position at one time or another in our lives as users and collectors.

There were periods when I never considered any of the myriad factors and qualities that go into higher end knives. And I was happy as a clam.

Now, on the other hand, I find myself pursuing more custom than production knives but fully realize that I will never attain the type of collection and rarefied examples owned by many of our knife collecting brethren. And I'm still happy as a clam.

As Greg mentioned earlier in this thread, "it's not a competition", and truer, wiser words are rarely spoken. The depth of one's pockets hardly needs to determine the pleasure in our avocation.

It's the appreciation of the great knives, the materials and especially the great community that makes the whole thing special. Never regret what you have...and never regret what you don't. They're all special and all have their own particular level of meaning.

And that is Blues' message from the pulpit today (for whatever it may be worth ;)).

Carry on. :thumbup::cool:

Duncan, I think all of us have been in this position at one time or another in our lives as users and collectors.

There were periods when I never considered any of the myriad factors and qualities that go into higher end knives. And I was happy as a clam.

Now, on the other hand, I find myself pursuing more custom than production knives but fully realize that I will never attain the type of collection and rarefied examples owned by many of our knife collecting brethren. And I'm still happy as a clam.

As Greg mentioned earlier in this thread, "it's not a competition", and truer, wiser words are rarely spoken. The depth of one's pockets hardly needs to determine the pleasure in our avocation.

It's the appreciation of the great knives, the materials and especially the great community that makes the whole thing special. Never regret what you have...and never regret what you don't. They're all special and all have their own particular level of meaning.

And that is Blues' message from the pulpit today (for whatever it may be worth ;)).

Carry on. :thumbup::cool:

Agree completely. Some people have knife collections that astound me....and I know I will never come close to owning the knives they do. For me it's been a journey of 30+ years...starting with $2 junkers my dad gave me to finally getting into customs about 12 years ago. But it's a trade-off...right now my focus is mainly on custom knives. But I still LOVE production knives and users. I've just made the decision to spend my money on 1 custom, instead of 20-30 production knives. It's really a matter of taste. For instance.....some guys have antique knife collections that I only dream about, and some guys buy current production models that I would love to have (all the GECs being posted, for instance). I have to exercise a huge amount of self-restraint not to buy those, so that I can save up my money for a nice Menefee, Erickson or Bose, among many others on my wish list. It really comes down to what makes you happy. With guys like us who love knives so much, I don't think we will ever get to a point where we are totally satisfied with what we have...because we always see one more that we "must" have

Actually, it is a rain protector for a very nice hat!

But at first I thought it was a foil cosmic ray shield!:D

I hope you have a good sense of humor, STeve.

STeve is quite a knowlegeable, engaging guy!:thumbup:

When he's not arguing with people ;)

Thank you Mr. Blues. That is the true spirit of this forum. Sharing and the information that is derived from it. Here's one for ya buddies.
Greg

orig.jpg

Thanks for the warm welcome back Gents.. :)

Here's a vintage made hard core large game skinner..

5n2l2v.jpg

A very scarce and early Cargill Stockman..

2v2dt0z.jpg

Anthony

PS {I'll load some more later on. I've got now to go light up the fire for the B-B-Q pit.}

Very rich colour to that stag Anthony:thumbup:
Interesting blade assortment on that CC as well.

Hope you enjoy the grilling!

Hey guys,
Thank you, and I always appreciate what I have, it just doesnt stop me aiming :).
Elliot, and Campbell ( hell of a good name that ), Greg, ...a competition it never was to me either...not the best choice of words when trying to describe my utmost blown away feelings when I see such knives as those lovely cripple creeks :eek:
I am happy to be where I am in the knife world, and most of all, I feel proud to be part of this great community, but I am always gratefull to hear support and encouragement like I just have..so thank you...everyone :D

Edit...Anthony...is that a Anton Wingen( Othello ) Trapper?

Back to Stag...
here is my favourite knife in the kitchen, it gets used all the time, and evrytime I do use this lovely, very old knife....I take a long look at the fine Stag

myknives001-4.jpg

myknives002-3.jpg

Last edited:
Me too Cnas !! I try to keep an eye out for them. Little Muskrat here.
Greg

orig.jpg

Very rich colour to that stag Anthony:thumbup:
Interesting blade assortment on that CC as well.

Hope you enjoy the grilling!

Much Obliged! :thumbup:

. . . Back to Stag...
here is my favourite knife in the kitchen, it gets used all the time, and evrytime I do use this lovely, very old knife....I take a long look at the fine Stag

myknives001-4.jpg

myknives002-3.jpg

Duncan,

Now that looks to be an oldy & goody kitchen knife!. :) What, if any tang stamps does this one have?

~ ~ ><> ~ ~

Here is one bf.com member and custom maker built by Mike Wilson, Friction- Folder with an unusual hand forged and hand stippled O-1 high carbon steel..

2bbbqq.jpg

Another custom Cargill built Cripple Creek Trapper pattern..

nd555i.jpg

Anthony

No Stamping at all Anthony...apart from the Silver fittings that has "Sterling"
edit...this Carbon sharpens to a razor...so so easily-whew!

No Stamping at all Anthony...apart from the Silver fittings that has "Sterling"
edit...this Carbon sharpens to a razor...so so easily-whew!

Using that beauty in the kitchen is walkin' the walk, and talkin' the talk, Duncan. Very sweet!

Cripple Creek Whittler pattern..

21c5s4.jpg

Oops the computer is not loading pix properly right now.

Anth

Thanks for the coments on the Kitchen Knife everyone, it is a beaut...as I have seriously learnt from it...do NOT laugh with your mates, whilst having a beer..cutting up frozen sausage rolls..that one took about a month to heal lol.
Everday that knife would be used at least 3 times...I'd be a bit lost without it actually....

Nice knives guys...more.....more...

Back