Ka-Bar USMC in deer antler.

Hello and Merry Christmas. I show you this ka-bar USMC that I've fitted in a deer antler. I grinded carefully the end of the blade, near to the spine, to get a wider zone assembled to the guard. I've never broke a ka-bar, but I wanted a wider zone there anyway to prevent for breaking at the level of the guard (high tension zone).
The spine is included, embedded, in a thick epoxy cilinder inside the deer antler. Below the guard, the spine got serrations for better retention inside, as well as the inner of the antler has slight hollows for the same.
Hope you like it. Regards.
file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

I like it! Has a classic and traditional feel. I also like how the natural lines/slope of the antler both contrast with the parallel lines of the blade and compliments the curve of the clip. Great job! :thumbsup:

I like it! Has a classic and traditional feel. I also like how the natural lines/slope of the antler both contrast with the parallel lines of the blade and compliments the curve of the clip. Great job! :thumbsup:
Thank you. I also like that contrast. Maybe i will remove the epoxy to a more classical look.

Excellent work. Especially imppressive finishing on both the handle and the guard.

Back