KERSHAW collectors?

Im contemplating selling off all the Kershaw Knives in my collection and focusing more on my spyderco and benchmade. Just kinda curious if there are any kershaw collectors on here ??

What qualifies as a collector around here? I've got 6 at the moment, with a seventh incoming shortly

Right here my friend. My first decent knife was a Leek, then an Amp 3.25, then a Link, a Shield, a Cryo, a Shallot...and before I knew it I had an entire shoebox full of Kershaws lol...then one day I pulled the trigger and bought a ZT 0452. The second I flipped it open I understood why people spend ~$200 on a knife, not to mention the premium materials. I think I’m done with Kershaws as the last few I bought were a disappointment (natrix, deadline). Still a big fan of ZT and my next knife is either going to be a 0462blk or a Benchmade Griptillian 551-1. Never owned a Benchmade tho, and I like my flippers. But imo Kershaws aren’t what they used to be.

Define collector :) When I think of "collecting" knives I think of pristine, unused examples and models that are not readily available. A lot of us caught the Kershaw bug and ended up with quite a few. IMHO, they are one of the best values out there in the knife world (a good percentage of their models anyway). The Hinderer and Onion designs, in particular, are among some of my favorites. Having said that, I use all of them and don't have anything collectible. Even if I came across a Shallot or something that wasn't produced anymore...I would still use it.

I think I’m done with Kershaws as the last few I bought were a disappointment (natrix, deadline).

Bummer I had high hopes for the Natrix...sorry to see it is a disappointment.

I have a bunch of Kershaws but the only model I collect are Skylines.

Yea I guess your right. Collector means something different to different people. My definition would be keeping more than a few whether they be nib or used. And I agree about the new ones. Don’t think I have any of them except maybe a couple with s35 or 390 steel.

Yea I guess your right. Collector means something different to different people. My definition would be keeping more than a few whether they be nib or used. And I agree about the new ones. Don’t think I have any of them except maybe a couple with s35 or 390 steel.
Then go ahead and consider me a Kershaw collector :)

Im contemplating selling off all the Kershaw Knives in my collection and focusing more on my spyderco and benchmade. Just kinda curious if there are any kershaw collectors on here ??

There are definitely some models that would be considered highly desireable. There are other Kershaw models I think people wouldn’t be so excited about.

have 11 of them, but don't consider it a collection (other than a collection of users)
Rich

While I dont know of many people who collect Kershaws generally, I know that there are many collectors for some of their specific models. The Blur, Skyline, and Leek seem have a strong collector following. Each is available in a plethora of colors, blade materials, etc... so they lend themselves well to that segment of the knife buying market.

tiguy7, those are some awesome shallots!

Waverave, I bought the original natrix when it first came out and after a few times using it the sub-frame lock would get stuck so hard I had to use pliers to un-lock it. Plus it just felt cheap to me. The “Method” is a decent knife tho, I like the fact that it’s not A/O.

I’m always up for a kershaw. Probably have 15 or so. Not a fan of speedsafe unless it’s on a classic such as blur leek knockout etc. I’d be willing to see whats available if you go the sell it route.

I have several. I love the quality to price ratio. I only have one I'm disappointed with. A blur in s30v that has serious blade play. It is so bad the blade scrapes one side of the hamdle. Gonna have to send it to kershaw I suppose.

Collectors bought the knives for fun or whatever but they not going to use it for intense purpose?

Tilt would have to be the most desirable Kershaw made .

2rx9rol.jpg

Ooo. Yea a tilt. I been looking for one of those. You have an extra? Oh wait I was thinking about getting rid of these. Lol

I hadn't considered myself a Kershaw collector, but just took stock real quick and realized I have more Kershaws than anything else in my collection.
- a Cryo
- a Shuffle
- a Skyline (Forum Knife)
- and a Knockout just arrived that I cannot put down

I have accumulated a few over the years. I wish I hadn't traded my large, regular Junk Yard Dog, even though I believe it had the ugliest pocket clip ever made. I'm glad I kept the Tremor, and Piston! I really like Kershaw's 'blackwash'.
Blurs: black-washed, blue, purple, S30v.
Leeks: smoke blue, stonewashed, blackout.
Thermites: stonewashed, blackwashed.
Echelon, Emerson CQC-4K XL, Fatback, Knockout, Launch 5, Link, Piston, Salvo, Scallion, Skyline XL, Speed Bump, Spoiler, Tremor.

Back