Key Fob

I received my medium bifold last week and i noticed there wasn't a key fob. Is this unusual? I would like to hear your opinions. Thanks.

Hello and congrats on the med. bifold. In the past, I have never received a key fob unless I ask specifically for one--then they usually oblige without any questions. From my experience, they have never just given me one. Ask and ye shall receive (maybe); don't and you won't. Enjoy the wallet. Matt

Hello and congrats on the med. bifold. In the past, I have never received a key fob unless I ask specifically for one--then they usually oblige without any questions. From my experience, they have never just given me one. Ask and ye shall receive (maybe); don't and you won't. Enjoy the wallet. Matt

Yeah -- you must ask for it, from my experience as well. The invoice lists the price of the key fob at $6, but the customer isn't charged for it.

I've ordered from SBL on 2 different occasions spending about the same each time and only 1 of 2 purchases was I given a FOB without any inquiry.
I think it's a hit or miss, but it seems to be a good strategy to go ahead and just ask! Free sounds great especially if all you have to do is ask.

I think it perhaps depends on what you order.
I just got a medium classic briefcase and duffle
both came with the key chain.

I must say I am VERY impressed, I have been carrying Filson
for years and finally I have found something which makes me want
to leave the Filson at home.

I've never asked for one. I have purchased 3-4 saddleback products, I have only received the keychain with two of them; my large satchel, and one of my wallets.

Another one of my wallets, that I just received today, did not come with one. And it's a bigger wallet. ;)

I made three separate orders with Saddleback Leather the last order coming in close to $400. I did not receive a key fob. I didn't expect one. If I get one next time, great. If not, no problem. I love Dave's products and customer service. That's what matters.

I remember key fob was a freebie thrown in a while ago (posted on styleforum) -- those were the early days to attract customers. I guess they don't include one by default, but if you ask politely, I have always received one. Actually, I have even asked for a matching color to go with the gear I purchase, and have received it. I normally attach it to the same gear, just like gals hang a heart or tweety from their backpacks/purses. ;-)

I do my orders on their website and I don't see any area where I could make any comments on the order. I guess I could call my next order in and ask "pretty please" for a key fob.

When you're checking out it should show a spot for comments.

I must have over looked the comment box when I was checking out. I'm getting ready another order and I'll see if I can hit them up for a key fob.

Last edited:
My first two orders with SBL were shipped with a key fob. My next three orders did not come with the key fob. I'll ask for one on my next order. Thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks Dk74. Placed an order a few days ago and I did see the comment box when I was checking out. I asked kindly for a key fob and I got an email from two reps. They are out of key fobs but will be sending me one as soon as they receive them in stock. Awesome!

No problem mauiblue. I'm a sucker for key fobs so when I asked for one they were out of stock. So I said to them could I get two of them since you're out of stock. They said yes :)

I had a rep tell me over the phone that she would include a black one in my order but, unfortunately, she must have forgot and I didn't get one. Maybe someday I'll order from them again and luck out.

I had a rep tell me over the phone that she would include a black one in my order but, unfortunately, she must have forgot and I didn't get one. Maybe someday I'll order from them again and luck out.

Hmmm...I always mention this in email.

I normally place my orders via the website and after someone on this thread mentioned that I could request a fob during the checkout process. Within a few hours of placing the order, I got a message from a rep confirming that they would be sending me a fob as soon as they have it in stock. Nice. On my account on Saddleback Leather website there is an order pending for a fob.

UPDATE: My key fob is at the post office waiting for me to pick it up. Awesome! Photos to follow!
CameraZOOM-20130806143433358_zps9d93966d.jpg

Last edited:
Back