Knife collection app?

PoorlyTiedFly

Gold Member
Hello
Apologies if this has been discussed (I searched but didn't find anything) - I was wondering if there was a recommendation for a knife collection app for my smartphone to keep track of, document with photos, maybe even keep a wish list of knives I am hunting for? I know that some guys keep written logs or excel spreadsheets - that isn't really what I am looking for.

I searched online and really didn't see anything that looked to fit the bill and figured I would open it up to BF. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
That would be convenient! For now i just use my photo gallery on my phone, but i wish i could break it down more and add text. It would also be nice to organize my tools like that, because i take pics of them and of their specs so if im ever out and about i know what kind of blades, oils, replacement parts, etc are needed.
Having them all in different folders are still handy, but get jumbled up quickly.

Hey, that's a pretty cool idea. There has got to be an app for collections or inventories or something.

I do occasionally forget what I have until I see it.

EDIT: There are lots of apps. I may try Collections - Keep track of your items

Last edited:
Centrig app might work if you still have the boxes , you could scan the bar codes and it should save them .

None of my customs ever had a bar code. I do think a Google spreadsheet would be the most robust, but, also the hardest to implement. I would like the collection to be available on every devise so maybe it would be worth it to try Goggle.

Or if one is inclined, write it yourself? It would be useful for knives to a degree. I keep an inventory of knives, guns etc. However the prospect of losing my phone or it being exposed to malware and having information pertaining to my collections leaves me a bit skeptical. But it could be a global collections app with different categories for sure.

I have a spreadsheet I made at work with the knives I own/owned and ones I want to get.

I wonder if there's a general collecting app you could use, I doubt if there exists a specific one for knives?

I use Google drive to store a spreadsheet (so I always have access), from my phone or laptop I edit it with Google sheets, it's saved directly online so modifications from any device shown instantly on any of them.

It took some getting use to and over the last year or so I deleted several rarely used columns but I've got the layout pretty much memorized now so it's easy for me to navigate / add / edit knives.

If anyone has any interest in me sharing as a template let me know.
xfhfjBD.png

Note how within the one document I have 3 sheets (sellect which to view at the bottom), one for knives I own, one for knives on order and one for a wishlist. Also the left two columns (brand / maker and model) are frozen so you can always read the make/model while scrolling threw the rest of the info!

Sensored for privacy reasons...

Last edited:
Cereal_killer, I for one am interested in a template for your spreadsheet. I made one up myself, but not as in depth as yours. Actually, it kind of sucks.

Ok here's a link to my blanked out file as a template.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...aB0MR1uXJtHtnLZY1xVl2Uqyv_w/edit?usp=drivesdk

I recommend editing it with Google sheets (from phone or computer), once you download it open it then save-as your own file (either local or save directly on Google drive like I do). If you can't figure out how to download your own version visitor message me your email and I'll shoot you the file direct as an attachment.

On my phone's gallery, I made a folder "knives" with pics of all of them classified into autos/manual. Quick way to show others.

(see above original posting)

I recommend editing it with Google sheets (from phone or computer), once you download it open it then save-as your own file (either local or save directly on Google drive like I do). If you can't figure out how to download your own version visitor message me your email and I'll shoot you the file direct as an attachment.
Thanks. I downloaded the file as an ods as well as an xlsx (I use ubuntu with Libreoffice and Google Sheets). Now to spend countless hours setting it up. Once again thanks muchly.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...aB0MR1uXJtHtnLZY1xVl2Uqyv_w/edit?usp=drivesdk

Nice! Your template is similar to mine, though I don't have blade length and some other parameters.

The app most in line with what you're attempting to do is called Snupps. It's like Instagram, but lets you organize various folders which Instagram doesn't do. So a folder for: current collection, want to sell, want to buy, grails, etc...

Isn't that ironic!
Every 6 month, while trying to come up with new money making app, I wake up in the middle of night with an idea to create exactly such an app for knives and guns, tools, other collections!
But I didn't think there was enough demand that there was enough people willing to buy such app, to justify spending time and money on app development!
So I googled and found if I remember correctly "Collections" app, it can be used for all types of collections. I'm too late :(

Back