Knife companies that make other things

What companies do you know of that also market other products besides knives and tools?
Microtech has made arrowheads and rifles (MSAR).
SOG has backpacks.
Any others?

Cold Steel does sunglasses, gloves, blowguns, arrowheads, and now a crossbow

Is this list for stuff they "make" or stuff they "brand"?

Because there is a difference. Lots of places will sell T-shirts but they're not making them.

Is this list for stuff they "make" or stuff they "brand"?

Because there is a difference. Lots of places will sell T-shirts but they're not making them.

Exactly. A lot of companies smear their name on products they don't make. Such as hydroflask. Many companies pay to add their name to hydroflask bottles, like Columbia,the Shirley Ryan Ability lab, and much more.

When a company predominantly makes one type of item, then tries to enter a different niche, they are often just paying to put their name on it.

In the late 60's, Camillus sold a few lines of dress shirts under the "Camillus Classics" label.

Exactly. A lot of companies smear their name on products they don't make. Such as hydroflask. Many companies pay to add their name to hydroflask bottles, like Columbia,the Shirley Ryan Ability lab, and much more.

When a company predominantly makes one type of item, then tries to enter a different niche, they are often just paying to put their name on it.
Sometimes that's good. If you're a fan of brand X and they make a water bottle you like and need you win out.

It's bad when a company churns out a cornucopia of branded cheap goods that for starters have nothing to do with their core business and second are low quality knockoffs. Gift shop junk.

I found a knife/flashlight combo under the humvee brand—so I found a knife company that makes vehicles for the military as well as the luxury suv market. Colt branded all 1055 steel tomahawks—had a knife opposite the hawk blade.

Southern Grind is part of a family of companies owned by musician Zac Brown called the Zac Brown collective. The companies make a lot of things including wine, furniture, bluetooth speakers, custom cars and motorcycles, clothing, and obviously knives. They also run a film production company, a restaurant and bakery. Not all of the products are made under the same brand as the knives, so I'm not sure if this is the type of thing you were talking about.

I found a knife/flashlight combo under the humvee brand—so I found a knife company that makes vehicles for the military as well as the luxury suv market. Colt branded all 1055 steel tomahawks—had a knife opposite the hawk blade.
I"m gonna guess that GM isn't making the knife/flashlight. Just a guess though.
humvee_utility_combo.jpeg

I"m gonna guess that GM isn't making the knife/flashlight. Just a guess though.
humvee_utility_combo.jpeg
I look at that and the first thing that comes to mind: it's low end and that somebody bought the rights to use the name. I would not even consider using another person's money to buy that.

I look at that and the first thing that comes to mind: it's low end and that somebody bought the rights to use the name. I would not even consider using another person's money to buy that.
Yeah; but probably except the part about paying for use of the name.

Back