Large 21, silver contrast, Almandine cabochon UG Lisa's Pick

.... what a long model name :) ..... and I even skipped "Sebenza" and "August 2013" :))

Well. The name may read boring. But the knife isn't. What we have here is a large 21 Unique Graphic design. Whenever they take a blasted standard ti scale and mill the graphics out of the blasted surface, the milled design appears silver and that's why those designs are named "silver contrast". If they take a polished slab and mill out the graphics, the milled design appears dark grey, compared to the silver polished slab. Those designs are called "reverse silver contrast". Anyway. So this one is a silver contrast. The milled design reminds me to what is often called "tribals". As with all Unique Graphics it is the creative work of Lisa at CRK. Between 2001 and 2014 every month Lisa choosed one of her UG designs as kind of a favourite, or lets say her "design of the month". They are called "Lisa's Pick". So this one is a "Lisa's Pick" from August 2013.

Besides the milled graphics it has an Almandine cabochon inlayed into the hole of the slab. I really love this design in total. It is in a way very reduced, very organic and the blood red Almandine cabochon adds a bit of glamour to the composition.

Here we go with the pics. Enjoy.

Stefan

21, UG Silver Contrast, Almandine, 01

21, UG Silver Contrast, Almandine, 02

21, UG Silver Contrast, Almandine, 03

21, UG Silver Contrast, Almandine, 06

21, UG Silver Contrast, Almandine, 04

21, UG Silver Contrast, Almandine, 05

Beautiful knife, great pics! Lisa often chose silver contrast with somewhat austere graphics as her monthly pic, this one is a perfect example of that. This is also one of my favorites of that style. I really like this one. Sometimes she went a different direction and picked something elaborate and colorful, those were more my normal preference. Congrats on scoring a beauty!

JL, as always, your pics are peerless. And the knife is a beauty too.

Back