Large 21 Wilson Combat "Starbenza" Insingo > more pics!

This is my new edc Sebenza. The Wilson Combat "Starbenza" w. Insingo blade. Simply love the insingo blade for its versatile edc capabillities. The WC starburst design should add some extra grip. I particularly like that they doing this at both scales. Not only at the presentation side.

The WC Sebenza are always coming with double thumb studs, which I prefer in terms of aesthetics (like the symetric appearance) and as it offers me a possibility to open the blade with my left hand, if required.

The clip carries the WC logo on it and the lanyard has a ti bead with Reeve logo and Wilson Combat on it. I will probably take the lanyard off. The WC bead is nice. But I would prefer something more "bad". Will most likely add a GD Skull with paracord lanyard.

21, Wilson Combat, Insingo, 01

21, Wilson Combat, Insingo, 02

21, Wilson Combat, Insingo, 03

21, Wilson Combat, Insingo, 04

21, Wilson Combat, Insingo, 05

I've been wanting a 21 insingo and that WC model looks awesome. Thanks for sharing!

Love it. I have a small & large Insingo pair - both engraved with my initials in my own handwriting or else I would buy one of these. Someday I might still own one but not today.

You know James Longstreet James Longstreet I've been enjoying your outstanding pics since you started posting them. Nothing short of mesmerizing.
You haven't cut anything short with this one. But, what I really want to see is this same knife in a few months with the dings, snail trails and wear with the same exquisite quality you're known for.

I luv me some insingo. I just wish the lines were a little deeper like they used to be.

You know James Longstreet James Longstreet I've been enjoying your outstanding pics since you started posting them. Nothing short of mesmerizing.
You haven't cut anything short with this one. But, what I really want to see is this same knife in a few months with the dings, snail trails and wear with the same exquisite quality you're known for.

Thanks! I promise I will do. My 1st edc sebenza was the KnifeArt exclusive with cf scale. That cf is pretty tough and it doesn't really show signs of wear. My 2nd edc sebenza was one with micarta inlays. Same here: Seems that the micarta inlays are kind of "protecting" the ti from getting scratched. After 1 year of, I admit nomal edc use, not extremely hard use, it was still looking like new. Sometimes people are showing pics of plain Jane sebenza with a beautiful used look. I love that. But it seems that my edc usage is "too soft" for making a good used finish.

I am at a point with this new Wilson Combat where I consider to push this a little forward. But I have never tried this before. I am just thinking about throwing the scales into a box with screws and nails, shaking it a while like making a coctail and then a nice used look comes out. :) But maybe this is just silly thinking. Anyone here to share some tips on how to do that?

Love it. I have a small & large Insingo pair - both engraved with my initials in my own handwriting or else I would buy one of these. Someday I might still own one but not today.
I have actually been thinking about this thread all night. I was to the point I wanted to order one this morning - selling off a couple of my smalls to pay for it. Went to the Wilson Combat site and realized they don't make it in a small yet. Oh well, saved me some money.

I think you'll find that the starburst pattern on the Wilsons won't show the snail trails as much. I've had my 25 for about a year & here's a pic of it after carrying it every day for about six months. The marks are there, but my plain Inkozi Insingo that I just got last month shows more snail trails.
IMG_0382-X3.jpg

Thanks! I promise I will do. My 1st edc sebenza was the KnifeArt exclusive with cf scale. That cf is pretty tough and it doesn't really show signs of wear. My 2nd edc sebenza was one with micarta inlays. Same here: Seems that the micarta inlays are kind of "protecting" the ti from getting scratched. After 1 year of, I admit nomal edc use, not extremely hard use, it was still looking like new. Sometimes people are showing pics of plain Jane sebenza with a beautiful used look. I love that. But it seems that my edc usage is "too soft" for making a good used finish.

I am at a point with this new Wilson Combat where I consider to push this a little forward. But I have never tried this before. I am just thinking about throwing the scales into a box with screws and nails, shaking it a while like making a coctail and then a nice used look comes out. :) But maybe this is just silly thinking. Anyone here to share some tips on how to do that?

Put that sucker in your pocket with your keys and whatever else you carry and there’s no doubt you’ll get the scars on it. Then, carry it in a CRK pocket sheath and the edges of the slabs will have that worn look.

Thanks guys! I did it today, putting the WC in a wide pocket together with my keys and it starts showing wear pretty fast. I agree with Ironbut, the starburst pattern will avoid the typical longer snail trails. So different used look the WC CRK are developing.

I was looking at this one today - tempting for sure .

Your Photography is outstanding !

Back