Recommendation? Large Sebenza 21 vs Small PJ to EDC

Happy Labor Day,
I have looked through forums to find anything on this topic. I could not find much however I am a newb on here so I may have missed them.
The thread title says it all, I own both and cannot decide which is ideal to edc. I have looked at weight, blade side handle length etc.
I do get a better purchase on the grip with the large.
I also find myself in basketball shorts frequently so the small would be ideal but the way both are carried low and tight it doesn’t make a decision sway one way or another.
Depending on where I am if I need to use it I do worry about the blade sizee attracting the wrong attention.
I do work in a small office, the size isn’t an issue. It is great for opening mail, cardboard boxes etc.
I am looking for “the one knife” to edc that can do it all within reason.
If anyone can help with this please let me know.

V/R,
Chris

The one knife is the 3.25" Sebenza that they don't make :).It would be just right. It's a real toss up, and clothing can certainly be a determining factor. I like the small a lot due weight and what my needs are, but certainly the larger blade can be beneficial at times, and the large carries well and is not awkward to use. Until they make the 3.25" I will be keeping a large and a small-likely would anyway.

I prefer the small 21 most of the time. It's size just makes it carry very nicely and most of the time it's more than capable of doing what I need it to do.

Last edited:
If you ever run across a Ti Lock, that's your answer. It packs a little more blade in about the same size as the small. Plus, it's not an attention getter at all. The knife is more of a conversation piece than anything else. Here's a quick pic of the three.

SZhu668.jpg

Looks like it would be the perfect compromise if that’s the right word. I’ll keep an eye out for one.
Thank you
Chris

Small 21 is very discrete. Enough blade for most everyday tasks.

The one knife is the 3.25" Sebenza that they don't make :).It would be just right. It's a real toss up, and clothing can certainly be a determining factor. I like the small a lot due weight and what my needs are, but certainly the larger blade can be beneficial at times, and the large carries well and is not awkward to use. Until they make the 3.25" I will be keeping a large and a small-likely would anyway.

They make it. It’s called a 3.25 Shamwari.

Of the two, large and small I greatly prefer the small for edc.

Back