Large Sebenza Replacement Thumb Studs

Anyone have a link to some generic thumb stud replacement that you may have used in your Sebenza? I have a couple knives that I would like to replace the studs with Non-CRK studs. Not sure what size to purchase. Thanks,

shane

I curios as well.

Question, how do you plan to get the stud out?

Boom Shaka Laka

I curios as well.

Question, how do you plan to get the stud out?

Boom Shaka Laka

They are press fit. There are a coupe of ways but I like vice grips and a rubber padded vice and they pull out with a little twist. Can also use a hammer and punch if you have the right support block. Some push it out with a press. Either way they will most likely be ruined when your done.

shane

They are press fit. There are a coupe of ways but I like vice grips and a rubber padded vice and they pull out with a little twist. Can also use a hammer and punch if you have the right support block. Some push it out with a press. Either way they will most likely be ruined when your done.

shane

I generally punch them out with a pin punch and hammer, they can be reused.

In the large, benchmade griptilian studs work fine. In the small, the step needs to be thinned to fit into the blade.

Its hard to remove the doubles and reuse them. I just kept them in on this one and came up with an alternative. Just finished these. They may not look great but they feel unbelievable. They are also no permanent but they are durable.

shane

This isn't helpful but what's wrong with the nice looking studs that come with the knife?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This isn't helpful but what's wrong with the nice looking studs that come with the knife?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me, they are too smooth and pointy. After 17+ years of carrying the Sebenza, I like to try and make it more comfortable for me. I wish they were screwed and not pressed.

shane

This is a real bugaboo for me. My small Sabinza arrived today, my first CRK. The thumb stud makes one hand opening a mere dream. I'm afraid that CRK isn't for me unless there's a solution in the aftermarket. What a shame.

I had similar concerns with one of my versions. I got great advice (from theses forums) to put my thumb on the side of the stud, instead of on top pointy top.

Sounds simple I know, but it did the trick and I got the smoothest opening I’ve ever experienced with any knife. These knives are not “flickers”. I suppose those with skills can adjust for flick opening.

A new friend of mine called the thumb movement hydraulic in motion. Give it a try, others here may have even better advice.

I started a thread not long a go with a similar question. New Sebenza and the stud was destroying my thumb. I followed the advice above and all is well now. Knife now opens smoothly and it keeps getting easier the more I practice and I suppose there's a bit of a break in period. In my case I almost scoop it open by wedging the back of my thumb between the scale and the stud. Harder to describe than to actually do...

I started a thread not long a go with a similar question. New Sebenza and the stud was destroying my thumb. I followed the advice above and all is well now. Knife now opens smoothly and it keeps getting easier the more I practice and I suppose there's a bit of a break in period. In my case I almost scoop it open by wedging the back of my thumb between the scale and the stud. Harder to describe than to actually do...

Good advice, the thumb/scale wedge helps overcome the initial resistance.

Back