LETS SEE THOSE MAGNIFICENT HJ's

Oh Jeff- what a great post- Love then both as much as each other! Is that Grizzly Cut Bone? Awesome!
HWF- Man...thats a cool knife- those 66 Framed HJ's imo are one of THE best Charlie has done- mind you I have to be careful saying this- as I will say that with every HJ series I pock up just about from Charlies selection.

Hugh...help me out- you won this beauty?

Last edited:
Oh Jeff- what a great post- Love then both as much as each other! Is that Grizzly Cut Bone? Awesome!
HWF- Man...thats a cool knife- those 66 Framed HJ's imo are one of THE best Charlie has done- mind you I have to be careful saying this- as I will say that with every HJ series I pock up just about from Charlies selection.
Toady I am going to start restoring post by post the missing photos that have been lost since I left photobucket- I will only do a few posts at the time and this is going to take weeks- but it needs to be done.

Hugh...help me out- you won this beauty?

Definitely one of my favorite frames for sure. I won this about five years ago when you and Fausto put on a GAW with island pictures. Mine won with a hammock between two palm trees in my backyard at that time.

Such a wonderful blade and it’s been a pleasure to carry and use. Thank you again.

Oh cool! No doubt our very good friend Fausto was behind all that!
Great to see such a neat knife being used matey!

Reactions: HWF
I’ve been carrying this one almost daily for the last 5(?) years or so since I won it here. Thank your Duncan and Fausto!

View attachment 828773
Nice patina, HWF! Brings back all the decisions made to get that knife done!
I am beginning to understand the pride an actual knifemaker (I only stand by!) gets from seeing one of their knives used!!

Oh cool! No doubt our very good friend Fausto was behind all that!
Great to see such a neat knife being used matey!

Thank you again! I love this knife and it loves to be used.

Nice patina, HWF! Brings back all the decisions made to get that knife done!
I am beginning to understand the pride an actual knifemaker (I only stand by!) gets from seeing one of their knives used!!

Thank you, Charlie! You certainly hit a home run with this one. Something to be proud of.

This Neat old Schrade HJ arrived with a few other Knives that Mr. Paul Hilborn had sent me ( Thank you again for all that you do Paul )...
Jake ( Supratentorial ), Jake contacted me and said that he had this Knife for me- Man it's hard to accept such a very kind offer, but such a kind thought was fantastic from Jake- so Jake my friend- a MASSIVE thank you, Heres the HJ that makes a very welcomed addition to my wee Family of HJ's.....
Schrade Cut Co,Walden,NY .... such a cool Knife! Very Cool Colours and design on the Handles!
1XFUWMj.jpg

wwkeP2P.jpg

BzhiQea.jpg

i8Pz7nO.jpg

I like the Punch- not over the top in design- but Whew- Effective!
0Be7e1h.jpg

4VYbLH8.jpg

ZOvwmzX.jpg

Thank you once again my friend!

Per Duncan's request... my NYKC Hammer Brand HJ. I don't have many harness jacks in my collection so I was pretty proud to find this one a few weeks ago. I think the only other HJ I have is a NYKC brass handled one but the tip of the punch is broken if I recall correctly.

NYKCHJ-1A.JPG NYKCHJ-1B.JPG NYKCHJ-1C.JPG NYKCHJ-1D.JPG NYKCHJ-1E.JPG

- Kevin

Last edited:
Thank you Kevin- man that HJ is a sweetheart. That Bone is just gorgeous!

Cool Brass HJ by them as well ( is it Brads ?) You don’t see a lot of them around do you?

ccsavege - I guess every knife of your Grandads would be a treasure!

norcaldude- man the HJ 10 is such a great Knife! What’s the older Knife?
( How’s that for Rats Tailed Bolsters! ) Is that a Punch or a well loved Pen Blade?

Last edited:
Back