LETS SEE THOSE MAGNIFICENT HJ's

This HJ3 is of superior quality. As well made or better than any my GEC's. I can't find a single thing wrong or off on it. Love the double milled brass liner on the punch/awl side. S&M was capable of turning out a quality knife.

V4iS7qL.jpg

Bump!!:cool:
This thread was hiding back at Page 15!! I missed your nice Equal Ender, Tim!! I was happy with that S&M run, back in the days of Queen!! When these were released in 2006, Bill Howard was putting the key in the door at his new GEC factory!!
Now I know Duncan likes big knives so I have to call this one a
Little Big Knife, as a tribute to the original Poster here!! Campbellclanman Campbellclanman !
The Cattaraugus is a little (3 1/4") knife with a Big heart! Catts are cousins of Case, so the Greenbone fits, and the nicely-made Punch and Clip main, and wonderful W & T show the prodigious talents of the knifemakers!!
Catt often put this round shield on a punch jack!! With no more delay, here she be!!*
Catt HJ 1.jpg Catt HJ 2.jpg Catt HJ 3.jpg Catt HJ 4.jpg Catt HJ 5.jpg
You can see a little of the remaining salesman's code acid-inked on the blade!

*Nice hallmarked Navajo silver work; the Cerrillos mine, originally opened in pre-historic times produced this showy piece of Turquoise!

Tim Im sorry I missed your Post my friend- Those HJ's are awesome - wow- just check out that Punch!
Well! wasnt that weird, I posted this remark ( above to Tim ) than went shopping ( masked up, gloved up!! ) and came home and saw Charlie had posted- - I thought - wheres my post gone? - then saw down the bottom I didn't press the post reply button! :confused:

Wow- Charlie- That Bone on that HJ is incredible! The Jig work is simply beautiful!- Lovely Bone on a real neat HJ, That's a very very nice old HJ Charlie!
Charlie that Punch style is extremely similar to the Empire- but a different shaped Kick - did cat make this their very own?

While similar to several other punches, it appears Catt made this design, Duncan! It's closer to a Remington or a Schrade than any other! Interior ground, but a little flatter in cross section than either of those!

Ok- Thanks Charlie, that's very interesting - Not often do we see the Catt HJ out and about, and this is an important piece of information kind Sir! -many Thanks for this.
Just so other readers can actually what Charlie is comparing to here is the Schrade Punch..
gUudLis.jpg

and the Remington Punch..
6KsEecw.jpg

Charlie the Catt information you so kindly helped out with my friend - makes me revisit my Hernry Sears 1865 Brand HJ again and wonder if Catt had something to do with this Knife then? ( I apologise for always poking and prodding )...

TFdRWQF.jpg

Ws6iljk.jpg

Below, the Empire's Punches - two variations- the two on the right are what I was thinking of when I saw Charlies post on that gorgeous Catt...Thank you again for sharing That Charlie!

JNWwKln.jpg

By the way Charlie I meant to comment on that ring- Is that another Navajo Piece? its beautifully made!
Yes, Navajo!! I wear it when playing Poker!!:D
Thanks for showing that series of punches!! The Catt has lots of resemblance to some, especially that Henry Sears!!:eek:

Nice HJ6 pmek5 matey. They are such a stunning pattern- just gorgeous!

Charlie - That’s an amazing Case, what’s the size of that one Charlie?
Mmmmmm That Punch - looks exactly what we were just talking about :confused:
( I am of late- always forgetting to press "Post Reply" - only to find my post still sitting waiting, waiting to be "Free'd!!!!)

YUnxVme.jpg

Agreed Charlie about the OVB, I swooned when i saw these stunners in the Old Knives Thread- THANK YOU So much for placing these beauties here as well!
The Philly Vance & Co I have never seen before! Wow! a very simple Punch!
The Bone on these examples is outright stunning- as are the Knives themselves, amazing stuff Charlie, Thanks so much for sharing with us these beautiful Knives!

I hope you didn't hurt yourself, Duncan!!:eek:

Thanks!! Since we didn't get to meet in Oregon, I will try and post a few more nice ones!!:)

Oh Man :(, I would be with Paul, making our way to Dave's by now Charlie- then there for a couple of days, then the road trip to meet you and the fella's!
Still, 11 months, 2 weeks to go!!!:) :thumbsup:

Yeah, the Harrison punch is a giveaway on that OVB. Who do you think made that Vance? Who designed that punch?

Another option is Warwick Knife Co. R L Shepherd Punch Blade. Warwick Knife Co used to make knives for Belknap Hardware. See attached.

Russell

Attachments

• US969303 2.pdf
    301.6 KB · Views: 6
Back