Let's see your Traditional Case knives, old to new.

Case XX 6143 Daddy Barlow
8LRCtjK.jpg

Fodderwing Fodderwing Gorgeous photo, Dwight! I've been tempted by those MOPs, but never pulled the trigger. That really is an attractive knife.
Thank you Dean. I really bought it for Cherri's (wife) collection. It is a beauty and its' diminutive size fits well with the Pembertons, 14's and 22 mag.

Case XX 6143 Daddy Barlow
Stunning, rich, perfect.

Thank you Dean. I really bought it for Cherri's (wife) collection. It is a beauty and its' diminutive size fits well with the Pembertons, 14's and 22 mag.

Stunning, rich, perfect.
She must have a nice collection by now Dwight .:):)
Harry

She must have a nice collection by now Dwight
It's due some consideration. Quite a fine collection of scouts specializing in the sportsmesser or "humpback" pattern, some 25 barlows and then the smaller ones like those mentioned above. She's a knife girl for sure and much, much more. What would we do without them?
Thank you my friend. :)

View attachment 1082378 View attachment 1082379 View attachment 1082380

This is a new old stock Tony Bose/Case Sowbelly made for Carhartt. The brass shield was stamped with the Carhartt name, but if fell out. I had a jeweler friend reverse the shield and engrave it with XX for Case. This is one time I was glad to have a glued shield rather than pinned. I never really liked having the Carhartt logo on my knife. However, I love the brass oval, satin bolsters, and the as ground blade. To me, this is one of the nicest Sowbelly configurations.

This is a new old stock Tony Bose/Case Sowbelly made for Carhartt. The brass shield was stamped with the Carhartt name, but if fell out. I had a jeweler friend reverse the shield and engrave it with XX for Case. This is one time I was glad to have a glued shield rather than pinned. I never really liked having the Carhartt logo on my knife. However, I love the brass oval, satin bolsters, and the as ground blade. To me, this is one of the nicest Sowbelly configurations.
Very nice change.

I agree with you on the Carhartt shield taking away from the knife. Great idea and I just might have to do the same to one of mine. You took that knife to perfection. We were discussing the single blade sowbelly at the knife shop today and how it doesn't seem to be as popular as it should be, given how awesome it is. The as-ground blade finish is what really does it for me. I'm not as big a fan of the polished blade versions, but the ergos are excellent still. If Case decides to do another limited run of knives in 154CM, that pattern should definitely one of them.

Last edited:
N navaja
I totally agree about Case’s single blade sowbelly, it’s a great pattern and when executed well it’s as a good as it gets. I was hoping that they would use it for this years Bose collaboration. Maybe next year.

Back