Let's see your Traditional Case knives, old to new.

Mini Copperlock with Dark Brown Giraffe Bone scales. I got a great deal on this and fully expected to put it into my daily carry rotation.

Case%2BGiraffe%2B01.jpg

But it showed up in this beautiful box in a sleeve with a certificate. It so over the top nice I'm not sure I can carry it.

Case%2BGiraffe%2B04.jpg
That is a super nice one!

View attachment 1280564 View attachment 1280565 View attachment 1280563 View attachment 1280561 View attachment 1280559 View attachment 1280562

All of the insanity and avarice swirling around GEC knives has pushed me hard toward vintage Case knives lately. Don’t get me wrong, I still love GEC and will keep a few of my favorite patterns. I just do not like the frenzied buying and flipping. That is not what I am looking for in collecting knives, and it makes me appreciate the great classic Case knives of the past all that much more. So I hope to sell a few GEC knives to add to my small Case collection. Then I won’t have to keep posting photos of the same knives over and over again!

BuckShack BuckShack , very interesting information about Crandall, and that Jigged Olive Green Bone is great looking. Case still has great jigging. For the life of me, I cannot understand why GEC cannot even come close on the jigging.

Last edited:
Just saying, I’d use it.
Yeah, I think I will some. The mini copperlock fits my watch pocket just right. It's safe there. I'll get a leather pocket sheath for my deeper pockets. Thanks for the comments guys.

Leslie, those are some beautiful knives. The did and do make great looking knives.

Here's some Crandall Jig Olive Green Bone knives. Apparently Crandall was a competing knife company that wouldn't sell out to Case, so Case married into the company. They eventually purchased them in 1911 and still own the name. Long interesting history at Case.

Case%2BCrandall%2B03.jpg

Case%2BCrandall%2B04.jpg

Case%2BCrandall%2B02.jpg

Yesterday I received a 2020 Pocket Hunter in Raspberry Bone..... It is within 1/8" (.125 for you young guys) the same length as a Peanut.... A clip blade and a skinner.... Fit and finish are nice.... Blade centering is dead on..... Blade action needed flushed and worked in after which it became smooth.....

One interesting item this knife had that I never encountered after buying a few hundred folding knives from many manufacturers, is a blade that was unsharpened.... The clip blade had the primary grind and polishing operation but never had an edge put on it.... It looked like the backside of a butter knife..... So I got my diamond stones and before the evening news was over, it had a great edge on it..... I suspect the operator got distracted and forgot the step..... Hiccups happen in all kinds of manufacturing....

To summarize; To me it is a bulkier Peanut with some different clothes on.... Which is a good thing because I like Peanuts.... 20200225_075743.jpg 20200225_080054.jpg

Back