Let's see your Traditional Case knives, old to new.

While I don’t have many Case knives in the rotation, I will always have room for these three. The Tested 5375 apparently had been left in the vicinity of an outgassing celuloid knife. Very extensive pitting on blade spines and back springs. Very little use however and still is tight with great snap. I got it for a steal and it makes a wonderful user. The smaller stockman was also a bargain due to the bone repair at the rear bolster. Both these knives were ground super thin, take a really outstanding edge and have excellent action. It is easy to see why the Tested knives are so highly regarded, if you ever have a chance to pick one up at a reasonable price you owe it to yourself to throw one in your pocket. The 6308 whittler is another very nice knife, just not in the same league as the Tested models.85F134F8-92A7-425A-BA97-E53CEFBCE9AA.jpeg

Here ya go...
lXdRdao.jpg
Is there a story that goes with that knife? It really looks like it’s had a good life

View attachment 1315997 View attachment 1315998 View attachment 1315999 View attachment 1315995 View attachment 1315996

Red and Green.

That XX Barlow is the same age as these Andrew NewBlades16 NewBlades16 , 1940 to 1964! I am glad to see you are using it. I think the spear blades are more rare than the clip, but I might be wrong about that. In any event, I think the spear blade looks better. Your knife has great looking colors on that sawcut bone. It is promising to see you posting a photograph. It would be amazing to see some of the other knives in your collection.

By the way Andrew, I found a new cigar that I like, My Father Cedro Deluxe Cervantes. What do you think about them?

Last edited:
Back