Let's see your Traditional Case knives, old to new.

View attachment 1349963 View attachment 1349964 View attachment 1349965

I am fairly reluctant to modify a knife. However, I love the way a Tony Bose custom Sowbelly looks, and I know the chances of me getting one are nil to none. So I purchased a stock Case CV yellow Sowbelly, which was designed by Tony, along with some dyed jigged bone slabs from Culpepper and shipped the lot off to our own @glennbad . He already had the requisite corset shield. (To me, a truly traditional Sowbelly must have a corset shield!). Glenn worked his magic, and I think he did a great job. So, here is a poor man’s Bose Sowbelly.

@Jfowler , that pretty bone stockman and jet black gum fuddy jack are off the charts nice! Thanks for posting them.

I have told you this before David, Misplaced Hillbilly Misplaced Hillbilly , you have a true talent for writing. I hope you find ways in addition to this Forum to express it. Your posts are great.

Last edited:
The title of this thread being "Let's see your Case knives, old to new" got me to thinking. You see I have a Case that is one of my first pocket knives. My Dad gave it to me from my uncle's belongings, an uncle who passed away when I was 10. While I have Case knives that are older themselves, this one is my personal oldest. Its my 9 dot daddy barlow. Recently my family came to visit and while here I took them to a local bait and tackle store that has an insane amount of fishing gear for how the store looks from the highway. Anyways they have a small Case display and my nephew insisted that he buy me one. He's 21 and is doing well for himself and new wife and baby. So now that Case knife is my newest, and this thread prompted some reflection upon my part. The Case that I've had the longest came from my uncle,and the one thats newest from my nephew. Knives have always been a big part of my life,always a fascination with them. And so many great and sometimes sad memories tied to them. Like finding that barlow in my uncle's chest of drawers when I went with my Dad to pack his belongings away,and my Dad allowing me to keep it. To my nephew becoming his own man and buying his uncle a knife. Perhaps its not so odd that they're both Case knives,anyway I've rambled on long enough, here's a pic of MY oldest to new
DquJZtY.jpg

The title of this thread being "Let's see your Case knives, old to new" got me to thinking. You see I have a Case that is one of my first pocket knives. My Dad gave it to me from my uncle's belongings, an uncle who passed away when I was 10. While I have Case knives that are older themselves, this one is my personal oldest. Its my 9 dot daddy barlow. Recently my family came to visit and while here I took them to a local bait and tackle store that has an insane amount of fishing gear for how the store looks from the highway. Anyways they have a small Case display and my nephew insisted that he buy me one. He's 21 and is doing well for himself and new wife and baby. So now that Case knife is my newest, and this thread prompted some reflection upon my part. The Case that I've had the longest came from my uncle,and the one thats newest from my nephew. Knives have always been a big part of my life,always a fascination with them. And so many great and sometimes sad memories tied to them. Like finding that barlow in my uncle's chest of drawers when I went with my Dad to pack his belongings away,and my Dad allowing me to keep it. To my nephew becoming his own man and buying his uncle a knife. Perhaps its not so odd that they're both Case knives,anyway I've rambled on long enough, here's a pic of MY oldest to new
DquJZtY.jpg
Great post, David. :thumbsup:

I have not been on in yrs and I think they shut down your account if its inactive. I started another because I retired and time is no longer of the essence - I hope:confused: !!
I wanted a companion to my L.T Wright Nxt Gen in black Micarta user. And I think the Case Humpback whittler Micarta/ G10 would be great. I like traditional folders - they make me feel at home. My Sodbuster and Boker congress is tired. Any body know of a humpback available ??
Apology's if this is in the wrong location and format.

Kinda looks like this:
T6JdaLa.jpg
Yes, it's supposed to be from that era, and it matches others I've seen in the same pattern and time period.
The stamp just looks a little more crowded than I've seen on others. Perhaps just a bad stamping job on a small blade.

View attachment 1349963 View attachment 1349964 View attachment 1349965

I am fairly reluctant to modify a knife. However, I love the way a Tony Bose custom Sowbelly looks, and I know the chances of me getting one are nil to none. So I purchased a stock Case CV yellow Sowbelly, which was designed by Tony, along with some dyed jigged bone slabs from Culpepper and shipped the lot off to our own @glennbad . He already had the requisite corset shield. (To me, a truly traditional Sowbelly must have a corset shield!). Glenn worked his magic, and I think he did a great job. So, here is a poor man’s Bose Sowbelly.

@Jfowler , that pretty bone stockman and jet black gum fuddy jack are off the charts nice! Thanks for posting them.

I have told you this before David, Misplaced Hillbilly Misplaced Hillbilly , you have a true talent for writing. I hope you find ways in addition to this Forum to express it. Your posts are great.

Looks mighty fine, Greg!!:)
@glennbad !! Great job!!;)

A couple of pen knives given to me by my grandfather in the late 60's. They were both well worn when I recieved them. A Barlow one armed knife given to me by my grandmother in 1970 as I recall. I'm not up on my Case dating but I think I remember 10 dot is 1970. It was new when gifted and she won it on a punch card at work. It was my everyday carry for a coupe of years back then which would have been the 4th and 5th grade or so, and yes, it did go to school.IMG_0388.jpg

Back